Dear Deidre I’m conservative and I drive a Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You’ve got to move with the times guys :cool:

Funny how everyone is on their smartphone/tablet/computer arguing about technology, not a using a slate or reading a monthly magazine instead ;) :)

Bring back steam cars I say :D
Using a tablet for an argument on the interwebs is fine by me - as long as it’s not screwed to a dashboard and being used in the outside lane of the M1.

TBH I find touch screens in cars bloody irritating and I can’t believe they are allowed for basic functions and aren’t programmed to be inoperable once moving.

Reactions: 190
How often do you drive 500+ miles without stopping, and then only stop for 5 minutes? If you don't want an electric car then that's fine, but to not have one based upon that use case seems unlikely.

Interesting thought, which technology, options, gizmos do my cars have that I don't use. I'm struggling to think of any. I must give that some thought.

The question of "how often do you drive 500+ miles" (IMO) is not relevant. When I want to do a 500 mile trip, I want to do it conveniently.

The idea of an EV is nice but they are not yet practical as an "all rounder".

I dislike motorway services and try to avoid them. For a break, we will typically rent a cottage in Northumbria, while travelling there, where would I charge my car without getting in a line at the motorway services or making a major detour and then hang around ....for how long......? How would I charge my car at my destination - many cottages do not have parking outside the front door?

Using a tablet for an argument on the interwebs is fine by me - as long as it’s not screwed to a dashboard and being used in the outside lane of the M1.

TBH I find touch screens in cars bloody irritating and I can’t believe they are allowed for basic functions and aren’t programmed to be inoperable once moving.

They always look grubby with fingermarks - I'd be constantly cleaning mine.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom