Diagnostic Socket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeoffS1952

Car
C220 d sport estate
Hi I've just purchased a iCarsoft diagnostic reader for my 2016 c220 d sport. where will I find the connecting socket under the dashboard? Will it clear the warning messages? like service and washer bottle empty.? they have been done.

I would have thought 'washer bottle empty' would clear when you fill it up, so maybe a different issue there. The socket will be somwhere to the right of the steering wheel, it's a standard place for the OBD port.

Normally right next to the bonnet catch.

Lol @ washer bottle warning.

The coolant expansion bottle empty message is likely to be the result of a failed coolant level sensor. The message doesn't need resetting with STAR (or iCarsoft/Carly) and should have cleared itself once the bottle was filled.

The service indicator can be reset from the instrument cluster - again, STAR is not needed.

The coolant expansion bottle empty message is likely to be the result of a failed coolant level sensor. The message doesn't need resetting with STAR (or iCarsoft/Carly) and should have cleared itself once the bottle was filled.

The service indicator can be reset from the instrument cluster - again, STAR is not needed.
When did he mention coolant bottle ?

Service Reset for a 2016 c class here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For the washer bottle, clearing the fault isnt addressing the fault. assuming you have filled up the tank, if its still causing an error then the sensor is at fault.

The biggest misconception about code readers is that it will fix the issue, they wont, they will clear the fault but not fix what is causing the fault.

Hi Guys, thank you for all your inputs. as to the screen washer I've spent a fortune try to get it fixed. three companies were supposed to fix it. two did for the MOT. but it soon went again. the last time was Halfords. the car was booked for them to fix again. but the engine went up the swanny. It's been rebuilt, so I'm going to get it to Halford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom