Diamondbrite Treatment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After buying my W211 I asked the service bloke about the Diamondbrite kit. They got me a kit from bodyshop which is made by Jewelultra as Jimmy says.

I'm sure they said it costs about 80quid for the pack but they didn't charge me as I always buy them drinks down the pub on a Friday.

Today I used the conserver for the first time and its wierd. Its like a polish that after washing you pour into a bucket of water and then go over it again and leather. It has left the car shiny though so I'm well pleased.

Missed the pics of the kit. Definately not Diamonbrite, mine came in a plastic carry case with Diamonbrite stamped all over with a Diamondbrite pen and air freshner. WOW. :bannana: :bannana:

Last edited:
Can you apply this diamond bright all over, ie coloured bumpers as well as the metal panels?
If it's as good as it would appear, where can I get a kit? Mine could do with a good polish after all this salt on the road.

diamondbrite

yes it can be applied all over the car,all panels bumpers etc.ive got a few kits left if your interested. [email protected]
and yes its as good as everyone says.

sportyreptile said:
Can you apply this diamond bright all over, ie coloured bumpers as well as the metal panels?
If it's as good as it would appear, where can I get a kit? Mine could do with a good polish after all this salt on the road.

Last edited:
mercmanuk said:
yes it can be applied all over the car,all panels bumpers etc.ive got a few kits left if your [email protected]
and yes its as good as everyone says.
It is great stuff. Even when the car's covered in all this salt and muck, the water still beads beautifully:D Makes cleaning the alloys a lot easier too. Deffo recommend it. Just wish I'd got this before I shelled out £300:(

pammy said:
Just wish I'd got this before I shelled out £300:(
could be worse, you could've shelled out £300 for someone to claim to have applied it to your car and use a polish that lasted a few months instead. :(

£300 BeJaysus

That's a bleedin' rip off for a bit-O polish. Was this a Merc dealer or an independent?

sportyreptile said:
£300 BeJaysus -
That's a bleedin' rip off for a bit-O polish. Was this a Merc dealer or an independent?
£300 is what a dealer would charge roughly,

£60 for the DiamondBrite Polish/Treatment
£210 for 3 hours labour to apply. (£70 per hour roughly)

3 hours maybe more is how long it would take most peeps to polish a car so to get a dealer to do it, is what they are going to charge.

Yeah, I appreciate labour charges, but simonl was saying he paid for this long lasting diamondbrite treatment that you can "only get at dealers" but only got polish. Now I wouldn't object to the cost, if you get what you pay for, but that smells of a scam to me.

sportyreptile said:
Yeah, I appreciate labour charges, but simonl was saying he paid for this long lasting diamondbrite treatment that you can "only get at dealers" but only got polish. Now I wouldn't object to the cost, if you get what you pay for, but that smells of a scam to me.
Although I can't prove it I reckon I was scammed (it was a Merc dealer too). The car did look great when I bought it. And I've always looked after it - washed every week at least and used the DiamondBrite conserver you get. After 1 year it didn't have the same "sparkle" that DiamondBrite is supposed to maintain. I then zymolled the car and it looked a million times better. The bodywork also felt a million times better - silky smooth. That leads me to believe I was probably scammed - or it wasn't done properly.

Anyway, lesson learnt - I'll valet my car myself from now on. Then I know it's done properly.

As an aside, the same garage tried to scam me out of £400 claiming the front ball joints needed replacing. A second MB garage showed me they were fine.

scams with diamondbrite

that is the trouble with diamondbreite ant supagard,you are relying on the dealer applying the treatment and not just saying he's done it.i was offered some kits from someone who worked at a main vauxhall dealership who was just polishing the cars and keeping the diamondbrite,then selling them in the pub and to other valeting companies in his area.apply it yourself and you know its been done.the only differance by applying it yourself is you dont get the 6 year guarantee that you get if an agent applies it.but if its done its done.how many people keep there cars for 6 years anyway...dont trust anyone apply it yourself its easy to do and its DONE.
keep up the good work all

simonl said:
Although I can't prove it I reckon I was scammed (it was a Merc dealer too). The car did look great when I bought it. And I've always looked after it - washed every week at least and used the DiamondBrite conserver you get. After 1 year it didn't have the same "sparkle" that DiamondBrite is supposed to maintain. I then zymolled the car and it looked a million times better. The bodywork also felt a million times better - silky smooth. That leads me to believe I was probably scammed - or it wasn't done properly.

Anyway, lesson learnt - I'll valet my car myself from now on. Then I know it's done properly.

As an aside, the same garage tried to scam me out of £400 claiming the front ball joints needed replacing. A second MB garage showed me they were fine.

Still not sure about Diamondbrite?

Just had a lovely hour washing my baby and the Diamondbrite makes it a much more pleasant task. I am really pleased with it. The shine is stunning with real depth and the paintwork has that just polished feel to it - very silky;) and cleaning the alloys is so much easier than it ever was before - always hated that job - but now just watch all the black dust run off.

So if you are still wondering if it's worth it - my answer would be a big YES - go for it:D

It's been a glorious morning here - but a big rain cloud has just appeared so might not get to go out and take the top down:( Either way - the car looks stunning:D :D :D so I am stilll grinning:D other than have spotted a nail through my tyre:(

did i supply your kit???

pammy said:
Just had a lovely hour washing my baby and the Diamondbrite makes it a much more pleasant task. I am really pleased with it. The shine is stunning with real depth and the paintwork has that just polished feel to it - very silky;) and cleaning the alloys is so much easier than it ever was before - always hated that job - but now just watch all the black dust run off.

So if you are still wondering if it's worth it - my answer would be a big YES - go for it:D

It's been a glorious morning here - but a big rain cloud has just appeared so might not get to go out and take the top down:( Either way - the car looks stunning:D :D :D so I am stilll grinning:D other than have spotted a nail through my tyre:(

mercmanuk said:
did i supply your kit???
No - your deal came just after I'd paid my £300 to the MB supplier of my baby:( - BUT - if you have any kits left - I do want one. Hubs has just looked at the silver machine - and dedided he's gonna go for it on his big burgundy beast:eek: Will one kit do a Voyager? or would we need two:(

So if you've got any left - please PM me and I can arrange pay't etc - can do Pay Pal if that suits;)

Cheers

kits available

yes i have some left

paypal prefered

pammy said:
No - your deal came just after I'd paid my £300 to the MB supplier of my baby:( - BUT - if you have any kits left - I do want one. Hubs has just looked at the silver machine - and dedided he's gonna go for it on his big burgundy beast:eek: Will one kit do a Voyager? or would we need two:(

So if you've got any left - please PM me and I can arrange pay't etc - can do Pay Pal if that suits;)

Cheers

Jewelultra Diamondbrite is not as hot as it is claimed to be. Only get 6 year guarantee if applied by dealer. need car inspected every year to keep up with the guarantee. Zymol is fantastic stuff leaves the car shining and so so smooth. Also toughseal is brilliant aswell puts a ptfe coating on the paint and protects against much more than diamondbrite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom