Difference in Servicing Charges

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveatpipex

Car
CLK 270 and BMW Z4 with a VFR750 sadly off the road
My CLK 270D needed its first A service so checked the pricing at my local dealer and the one in the next city. There was £90 difference between the two for the same thing!....... Went to my local and the A service was £180 inclusive, which I don't think bad really! Is that about right around the UK?

In February, I paid twice that for the first service on my car so I think you did very well. £180 is getting close to the prices charged for mass market car servicing, almost reasonable. :)

Check the oil type they're going to use.

I had a quote on my C270 from an MB Authorised Repairer at £200. But that was using for Castrol Magnatec oil which doesn't give the maximum mileage between services. Using fully synth oil, their price was £250, same as my local dealer.

In the event, I supplied my own oil, which the dealer was happy to use, so I actually only paid £150 (plus the oil cost, about £35).

Rory said:
Check the oil type they're going to use.

I had a quote on my C270 from an MB Authorised Repairer at £200. But that was using for Castrol Magnatec oil which doesn't give the maximum mileage between services. Using fully synth oil, their price was £250, same as my local dealer.

In the event, I supplied my own oil, which the dealer was happy to use, so I actually only paid £150 (plus the oil cost, about £35).

They used fully sync oil but thanks for the warning. :)

steveatpipex said:
They used fully sync oil but thanks for the warning. :)

...and make sure that they set the Assyst service setting for fully synthetic too, and not semi-synthetic. Else your service indicator will kick in too early next time. Another well known service scam.

bring your own oil .. much cheaper than what MB charges

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom