Dinamica/Artico seats white stain problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi how do you get a copy of the tab have same problem MB want 178.80 just to look at it
Robert

On what grounds do they justify a charge to inspect? That’s disgusting! Anyway, PM me with your email address and I’ll send you a copy of the TSB.

I recently bought an 2 year old A class AMG line 2018 reg from Stratstone MB in Ayr, it has less than 9000 miles, it looks like the same issue.

When I first looked at it, I noticed the marks, the salesman said they would shampoo out and sure enough on delivery, no marks. After 2 days they were back worse than ever, I can only assume the seats dried out, I immediately emailed them.

Many emails, calls, visits and 3 weeks later, all I'm hearing is "MB uk are looking at the photos, we will get back to you, it's not a warranty issue". They clearly deceived me at point of sale and are in no hurry to fix it. I think it's appalling a MB main dealer would act like this, the reason I bought there was peace of mind, so I thought!

I'm now emailing them again to cover my 30 days right to reject. I'm giving all the information to BBC watchdog soon, they would probably like a "Mercedes main dealer worse than del boy" story. :D

Anyone got advice on the next step?

Attachments

• IMG_20191223_144507 (1).jpg
    IMG_20191223_144507 (1).jpg
    708.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20191223_144514 (1).jpg
    IMG_20191223_144514 (1).jpg
    832.9 KB · Views: 26
Had the same problem with my E class.

I’ve just kept cleaning the seats with a foam fabric cleaner and a suede brush from time to time and although it still returns it’s nowhere near as bad.

My seats used to do this, went away after a clean but always came back, i used spray on dettol and brushed it in and its never happened since

Had this on my W212 - I know a bit over the top but I replaced the front seats!

I've now sold my S204 which had the dinamica seats and one of the must-have's on the new car was FULL leather. (which was an issue as many C43's come with dinamica seats) My observations were:
- wet-cleaning the seats makes the issue worse and can actually kick-start the issue if previously no signs of glue
- likewise the issue was always worse for me in Winter when damp - you'd see small patches like salt stains/water marks appear overnight
- try cleaning the area first with a wet-wipe then brush with a soft brush (like what you use to buff shoes)
- for more stubborn staining (and do this at your OWN risk) I would soak a piece of towel in disc cleaner and then scrub the patch of seat
There's no long-term solution but key is to try the above before it gets to bad. I've still got the TSB is anyone wants it - PM me.

Just reject the car. It doesn’t satisfy you and the dealer misinformed you and seems to be of no help to you.

See TSB attached (.pdf)

Attachments

• TSB GI91 18 P 058441.pdf
    41 KB · Views: 88
I recently bought an 2 year old A class AMG line 2018 reg from Stratstone MB in Ayr, it has less than 9000 miles, it looks like the same issue.

When I first looked at it, I noticed the marks, the salesman said they would shampoo out and sure enough on delivery, no marks. After 2 days they were back worse than ever, I can only assume the seats dried out, I immediately emailed them.

Many emails, calls, visits and 3 weeks later, all I'm hearing is "MB uk are looking at the photos, we will get back to you, it's not a warranty issue". They clearly deceived me at point of sale and are in no hurry to fix it. I think it's appalling a MB main dealer would act like this, the reason I bought there was peace of mind, so I thought!

I'm now emailing them again to cover my 30 days right to reject. I'm giving all the information to BBC watchdog soon, they would probably like a "Mercedes main dealer worse than del boy" story. :D

Anyone got advice on the next step?

Hopefully you will get a notification for me trying to contact you. I have an A200 AMG line 16 plate purchased from MB Bolton last July and my seats look exactly like yours. I have been trying to (unsuccessfully) resolve it with them since November. I thought it was mold at first and they wanted to charge me for the investigation work even though it is still within approved used warranty. Did you get any resolution from MB? I have had the white powder/substance cleaned off but it came back. I have attached photos of my seats.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20191204_093612.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20191204_093612.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 17
  • thumbnail_IMG_20191204_093616.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20191204_093616.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 16
  • thumbnail_IMG_20191204_093621.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20191204_093621.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail_IMG_20191204_093642.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20191204_093642.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 15
Go back to your dealer with a print-out of the TSB I've attached (assuming you haven't already done that?). My increasing experience is that it all depends how hard the dealer pushes and pursues the claim. For example first claims (I am told) on a car older than 3years are auto-declined by MB warranty system and then require a re-submit by the dealer.

Go back to your dealer with a print-out of the TSB I've attached (assuming you haven't already done that?). My increasing experience is that it all depends how hard the dealer pushes and pursues the claim. For example first claims (I am told) on a car older than 3years are auto-declined by MB warranty system and then require a re-submit by the dealer.
Thanks for replying. I emailed the dealer last week with the TSB and the link to this forum and had no response from the guy who sold it me. He's ignored all my attempts to contact him. I even emailed Marshall group who run the Bolton showroom asking for someone to call me and so far I've had no response. It's so unprofessional to ignore all attempts of contact. Like someone mentioned above I specifically purchased from a MB dealer thinking it would mean I'd receive a decent service. How wrong was I!

Thanks for replying. I emailed the dealer last week with the TSB and the link to this forum and had no response from the guy who sold it me. He's ignored all my attempts to contact him. I even emailed Marshall group who run the Bolton showroom asking for someone to call me and so far I've had no response. It's so unprofessional to ignore all attempts of contact. Like someone mentioned above I specifically purchased from a MB dealer thinking it would mean I'd receive a decent service. How wrong was I!
Customer service is not a concept that Marshall at Southampton are familiar with so Bolton may well be the same. Good luck!

Customer service, from people I know who’ve dealt with them, is not a concept Marshall group are familiar with group-wide. If it’s been going on since November then it’s time to go back again in person and kick up a stink in person. Saturday mid-mornings are always a prime time to upset dealer on the showroom floor. It shouldn’t come to this, though.....

MB UK contacted me after I emailed them to raise a complaint. Bolton have two days to respond. I did advise them I am planning on making the 50 mile round trip to Bolton this weekend to get something sorted.

On what grounds do they justify a charge to inspect? That’s disgusting! Anyway, PM me with your email address and I’ll send you a copy of the TSB.
Do you still have a copy of the TSB please as our local dealer is saying it’s sweat. We have stains on back seats that are very rarely used and on the passenger seat but not the drivers. The dealer we bought it from thought it may be too much Gardex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom