Dinamica/Artico seats white stain problem

Discussion in 'Interior' started by martinc65, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Robertfells

Robertfells New Member

Car:
    C class coupe sport plus
    Hi how do you get a copy of the tab have same problem MB want 178.80 just to look at it
    Robert

2. Robertfells

Robertfells New Member

Car:
    C class coupe sport plus
    TSB that is

3. cws196

cws196 Active Member

Car:
    S205 C43 Estate
    On what grounds do they justify a charge to inspect? That’s disgusting! Anyway, PM me with your email address and I’ll send you a copy of the TSB.

4. Robertfells

Robertfells New Member

Car:
    C class coupe sport plus
    Hi thanks for this info@robertfellsrenovation.co.uk
    Will go direct to garage and see what they say it's 5 years old so fingers crossed don't know how to pm you

5. JohnBob

JohnBob New Member

Car:
    a class
    I recently bought an 2 year old A class AMG line 2018 reg from Stratstone MB in Ayr, it has less than 9000 miles, it looks like the same issue.

When I first looked at it, I noticed the marks, the salesman said they would shampoo out and sure enough on delivery, no marks. After 2 days they were back worse than ever, I can only assume the seats dried out, I immediately emailed them.

Many emails, calls, visits and 3 weeks later, all I'm hearing is "MB uk are looking at the photos, we will get back to you, it's not a warranty issue". They clearly deceived me at point of sale and are in no hurry to fix it. I think it's appalling a MB main dealer would act like this, the reason I bought there was peace of mind, so I thought!

I'm now emailing them again to cover my 30 days right to reject. I'm giving all the information to BBC watchdog soon, they would probably like a "Mercedes main dealer worse than del boy" story. :D

Anyone got advice on the next step?

Attached Files:

6. kianok

kianok MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E220 AMG line premium plus coupe
    Had the same problem with my E class.

I’ve just kept cleaning the seats with a foam fabric cleaner and a suede brush from time to time and although it still returns it’s nowhere near as bad.

7. Wolfie1

Wolfie1 Active Member

Car:
    C180 AMG SPORT + and an FD RX7
    My seats used to do this, went away after a clean but always came back, i used spray on dettol and brushed it in and its never happened since

8. clk320x

clk320x MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W211 E320 CDI, W212 E250 CDI, W203 C32 AMG
    Had this on my W212 - I know a bit over the top but I replaced the front seats!

9. cws196

cws196 Active Member

Car:
    S205 C43 Estate
    I've now sold my S204 which had the dinamica seats and one of the must-have's on the new car was FULL leather. (which was an issue as many C43's come with dinamica seats) My observations were:
    - wet-cleaning the seats makes the issue worse and can actually kick-start the issue if previously no signs of glue
    - likewise the issue was always worse for me in Winter when damp - you'd see small patches like salt stains/water marks appear overnight
    - try cleaning the area first with a wet-wipe then brush with a soft brush (like what you use to buff shoes)
    - for more stubborn staining (and do this at your OWN risk) I would soak a piece of towel in disc cleaner and then scrub the patch of seat
    There's no long-term solution but key is to try the above before it gets to bad. I've still got the TSB is anyone wants it - PM me.

10. SlimJim

SlimJim Active Member

Car:
    Mercedes E220 AMG Sport 2015 W212, Honda Civic Type R 2010
    Just reject the car. It doesn’t satisfy you and the dealer misinformed you and seems to be of no help to you.

11. JohnBob

JohnBob New Member

Car:
    a class
    Can you PM me, not sure if I can read it, I can't send.

12. cws196

cws196 Active Member

Car:
    S205 C43 Estate
    Won't let me PM you.....

13. cws196

cws196 Active Member

Car:
    S205 C43 Estate
    See TSB attached (.pdf)

Attached Files:

14. danstar858

danstar858 New Member

Car:
    Mercedes A Class A200 AMG Line Executive
    Hopefully you will get a notification for me trying to contact you. I have an A200 AMG line 16 plate purchased from MB Bolton last July and my seats look exactly like yours. I have been trying to (unsuccessfully) resolve it with them since November. I thought it was mold at first and they wanted to charge me for the investigation work even though it is still within approved used warranty. Did you get any resolution from MB? I have had the white powder/substance cleaned off but it came back. I have attached photos of my seats.

Attached Files: