Dipstick in a wannabe TIT-mobile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GLK

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
He was drifting at 20mph from lane to lane on a nearly empty 40mph road, then accelerated to about 50mph, went pass 30mpg sign without changing speed, then braked sharply about 50 yards after.
This is what transpired:

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-24%20at%2020.48.11_zpskp9h9p2l.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-24%20at%2019.38.40_zpsgx6eyg32.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-24%20at%2019.39.51_zpsv9ktfdmy.png

On top of not having a front reg plate (how on earth can you get away with that?!), he's got the back one covered with some very dark grey plastic:

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-24%20at%2020.49.41%20copy_zps5k8a2qsq.png

It took a bit of photoshop trickery to get to the truth:

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-24%20at%2020.49.26%20Plate_zpsba0ohl3f.png

N336 GAR, in case you wonder.

That guy is deficient in many attributes.

PS. If you aim your dash cam lower so it gets less of the sky, it's auto exposure will expose better for the ground, the scene that matters, and you'll better resolve detail like number plates.

Last edited:
Coming from Woolaston BMW? I'm sure I know who that is as well, lol

I noticed him when he turn on to Bradford Rd (A428) from Holiday Inn roundabout, cut an elderly lady up, then went through the first traffic light on the A45 roundabout as if it wasn't there, pick the inner lane to exit, then cut across all five lanes, nearly hit a kerb, slowed to 20mph, drifted into the third lane, then back to the left one ... at this point my wife recited Del Boy and said that car should have Trotters Independent Traders abbreviated on it ;) I actually thought he was turning to Woolaston BMW, as he went onto the hatched section on the right, after the traffic light, but then he just drifted back to the left lane, then back right again, nearly took the lane merge cone thingy out LOL.
When he went trough the next traffic light, I though he might just continue straight on into the Beckett's Park, but he managed to brake and keep right ... there are some serious skills being wasted there. :doh:

If you aim your dash cam lower so it gets less of the sky, it's auto exposure will expose better for the ground, the scene that matters, and you'll better resolve detail like number plates.

Yes, you're absolutely right, and I've been meaning to do it - in my old car the cam was catching the blue band at the top, so it balanced the autoexposure nicely. I also need to reset the CPL, as the windscreen angle is different on this car. Unfortunately, unlike the old one, this doesn't have an aux video input and DVD screen to do it on, so need to get a separate monitor to set it up correctly.

Christ, clearly on his phone the whole way. The bend with two lanes adjacent to that long bending high wall is so narrow before the traffic lights to welly road and morrissons, how he navigated that on his phone I don't know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom