divx/avi to play on a dvd player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
can anyone recommend a programme that will convert divx and avi files so they will play on a domestic dvd player

I use a product called DVD Flick. Does the job easily and you can make your own menu's etc if required

Alternatively buy a DVD player which handles DivX, only around £40(probably less now) and then you have the bonus of not having to wait for the conversion which is heavily processor intensive.

Best advice is to buy a DVD player that can handle it as Ratz says, only £40 or so. The time and effort you save will pay it back in a jiffy.

Best advice is to buy a DVD player that can handle it as Ratz says, only £40 or so. The time and effort you save will pay it back in a jiffy.

As above, I can get say 8-10 episodes on a dvd ie I have the full series of Life ON mars on one dvd.

Philips is recommended. it can be easly converted to multiregion, plays all DIVX/XVID movies we have and does upscaling too!

Cheers
Chris

ive 3 high quality dvd players in the house so changing to a new player isnt an option easier to just convert on the pc to burn on dvd

cheers all

ive 3 high quality dvd players in the house so changing to a new player isnt an option easier to just convert on the pc to burn on dvd

cheers all

I used DVD Flick to burn AVI's onto DVD - 6 30 min episodes of Entourage per DVD complete with menu took about 3 hours in total.

I am lucky in that I work from home so I can leave that computer running upstairs whilst working from other PC's downstairs

I use convertx to dvd does what it says on the tin

converting divx top DVD is not really worth the hassle, all the time you saved downloading the divx file will be wasted on the re encoding to vob's etc. Also Divx has been compressed, and converting to dvd will not recover that compression. most times you will be less than impressed with the outcome of the encoded dvd.

my choice is to use my ps3 and stream from my laptop via tversity, plays 99% of things you throw at it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom