Do you get asked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

artyman

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Kia E-Niro ex C 200 CDI Sport
Do you get asked to perform wedding duties, just because you drive an MB. I played taxi driver for the bridesmaids at my niece's wedding recently. I was wondering if other people get requests because of what we drive. Took me four hours of polishing!!

artyman-albums-c200-cdi-w204-picture6421-wedding-duties.jpg

Last edited:
Do you get asked to perform wedding duties, just because you drive an MB.

Nope. But then neither the Vito nor the SL are ideal wedding cars! :D

Yours looks very shiny btw :thumb:

I was once asked if I could 'perform' wedding duties with one of the bridesmaids. Had an XR2 at the time. :crazy:

Oddly enough, never.

Even though I've got an operator's licence, and appropriate hire and reward insurance cover.

Yep. Possibly 10 times or so. Lost count. Twice in the s class now and many times before that in the E. Funnily no one ever requested the clk?!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

Not yet, but have done a couple of Prom runs for friends kids.

Never! As best man I used my C to shuttle my best mate to his wedding but that's about it!

Hi,
My C43 was used as a wedding car for my brothers wedding to take the mother in law my mum and nephew to the venue, complete with ribbon bows on the door handles.
It was also used for a friends wedding to take them to their hotel after the reception.

Back in the day when my old man had a brand new lwb w140 when they first come out on a j plate, he he got asked so often that he bought a chauffer hat and jacket and kept it in the car at all times !

Nope. But then neither the Vito nor the SL are ideal wedding cars! :D

Yours looks very shiny btw :thumb:
It scrubs up well for a four year old motor :D

I did a few wedding runs for friends & family back when I had the white W 115 .

Have also done a couple of funerals in the black W126 .

Never even considered charging for it .

I used to video record weddings , and have turned up to them in my various Mercs , in some cases upstaging the wedding cars .

all the time and im honoured to have my cars shown off..

Which car gets requested for this most often?

Doing my first in a couple of weeks in the CLS. My role is to ferry the groom to the church in the morning then bridesmaids from church to reception venue in the afternoon. I'll have to strategically stand in front of it for any photos as it is missing a "tooth" on the front grille :)

All the previous ones have been pressed into duty for friends and family - including the estate.

Never, but than again my car, although in good mechanical nick is not what you might call pristine. A yearly wash and maybe a wax is the best it gets.

I have done one in the ML as it was snowing and they needed a 4X4.

I do work for a few private hire companies and they have my RR on their websites and will hire it from me if they need it. At £200 a wedding I can't complain.

And here it is!

They didn't go over board with ribbons though! And I need to wax the bonnet again :eek:

So, do you like the groom drive, or does the groom sit in the back and the bride in the front while you drive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom