• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Do you have a mis-spaced number plate etc?

Didn't he get done for having no insurance as he was delivering pizzas on his regular everyday non delivery driver ins?
If he hadn't tried to make a 'B' out of a 'D' there wouldn't have been an ANPR ping & the cops wouldn't have given him a second glance.

I watched a "Traffic Cop Show" last night, it was based in Newcastle/Sunderland, Traffic Cop was chasing a ANPR Ping and the car involved was showing No MOT, Insurance, Driving Licence etc, when pulled over the Driver was asked to sit in the Patrol Car! :oops:

When he was told what he didn't have, he asked the Cop to "Double Check" the Registration Number, apparently he had been stopped before as his Plate had a Black Screw in the middle of the Fifth Digit, making the "D" look like a "B" :eek: He was advised to fit a Yellow Screw or Bolt to avoid further problems! ;)
He sounds like one of the piss takers I was talking about earlier.

I watched a "Traffic Cop Show" last night, it was based in Newcastle/Sunderland, Traffic Cop was chasing a ANPR Ping and the car involved was showing No MOT, Insurance, Driving Licence etc, when pulled over the Driver was asked to sit in the Patrol Car! :oops:

When he was told what he didn't have, he asked the Cop to "Double Check" the Registration Number, apparently he had been stopped before as his Plate had a Black Screw in the middle of the Fifth Digit, making the "D" look like a "B" :eek: He was advised to fit a Yellow Screw or Bolt to avoid further problems! ;)
I saw this too and was dying for the cop to ask if the drivers name just happened to have the initials OBP (or whatever it was...)

Didn't he get done for having no insurance as he was delivering pizzas on his regular everyday non delivery driver ins?
If he hadn't tried to make a 'B' out of a 'D' there wouldn't have been an ANPR ping & the cops wouldn't have given him a second glance.
He told him he needed to get it done when he got home or to stop delivering Pizza else he WOULD get done if seen again. Also to stop by to Halfords and get a yellow screw cover. Very good policing IMHO

He told him he needed to get it done when he got home or to stop delivering Pizza else he WOULD get done if seen again. Also to stop by to Halfords and get a yellow screw cover. Very good policing IMHO
Erm, I must confess that SOME Alcohol had been consumed!🥴🤭🤫

I am somewhat disgusted about the current manufacturing quality of 4D plates. I've noticed in the last month or so a good 10 plus vehicles with 4D plates with digits or parts of digits that have fallen off. Strangely they were all on non sign written tippers or non ULEZ compliant pick ups. I really do feel sorry for them spending their hard earned cash on defective plates. Imagine the trouble they must have disposing waste at official waste transfer sites and the like. I can only imagine the anxiety caused by not being able to be billed for ULEZ and traffic infringements and the like ................

It's about justice. If you are happy to see someone evade justice in a hit and run scenario then go ahead and subvert the (predominately) two format system to the point it becomes meaningless and witnesses cannot use them as an aid in remembering a registration mark. (Yeah you'll remember 'FIONA' but not all names will be so recognisably English or even be a name). Lawyers love any vagueness in registration mark identification as it gets their clients off the hook - there can never be a prosecution without an identifiable suspect.
Ultimately though, all mis-spaced plates read the same to me - P EN1S - all too often undersized.
PEN 15 used to belong to Steve Parrish ex motorcycle and Truck racer. No Idea where it , or he is right now.

PEN 15 used to belong to Steve Parrish ex motorcycle and Truck racer. No Idea where it , or he is right now.
Might be on retention.... its not on any vehicle right now. Steve still does commentary on the TV for bike racing.

My neighbour when I lived in in Newcastle claimed to have it on retention. I believe him as he owned a couple other valuable numbers.

Re PEN 15

If it was a vehicle, IMO, the DVLA could revoke it as they have done with other offensive plates

Who would want to buy that plate id beyond me.

MO12GUN on a Bentley this morning.
To me, this kind of mid-spaced plate needs to be stopped if his surname is Morgan.

View attachment 158689
Chav plate on a nice car - really cheapens it doesn’t it? (IMHO :doh:)

MO12GUN on a Bentley this morning.
To me, this kind of mid-spaced plate needs to be stopped if his surname is Morgan.

View attachment 158689
Think the Vauxhall behind is a bit suspect, DY62 XEK. He has a yellow screw head through the black letter E. Definitely should be stopped. Flouting the law I suspect.

I believe that Darrel is a Lead worker , F2 1(L)EAD

K
Company is called F2 Leadwork.

The guy that owns Sand Cast Lead Conservation Ltd has got 1EAD on his Landy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom