• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Don't know why i did it

Blackbird1

Car
W203 C180k automatic estate
Not long got an old E220 cdi and don't know why as I grudge paying nearly £400 a year for the tax alone and nearly the same for insurance. Yes it's nice to drive etc but the mk2 focus 1.6 tdci I had did the same job.
Does anyone else here get peed off at the rip off crap in this country regards keeping and running a old "luxury" car.

Not long got an old E220 cdi and don't know why as I grudge paying nearly £400 a year for the tax alone and nearly the same for insurance. Yes it's nice to drive etc but the mk2 focus 1.6 tdci I had did the same job.
Does anyone else here get peed off at the rip off crap in this country regards keeping and running a old "luxury" car.
Well i guess compared to the depreciation you'd pay on a newer car i think it's still good value!

The changes in road fund tax over the years have been a complete farce at both extremes eg Electric cars that pay nothing, the diesels that pay £10 and my sons 2009 Porsche 911 that costs £675. In hindsight, the continuous political meddling, while well intended, has resulted in a grossly unfair situation. The changes are so incomprehensible you almost couldn't make it up.

The changes in road fund tax over the years have been a complete farce at both extremes eg Electric cars that pay nothing, the diesels that pay £10 and my sons 2009 Porsche 911 that costs £675. In hindsight, the continuous political meddling, while well intended, has resulted in a grossly unfair situation. The changes are so incomprehensible you almost couldn't make it up.

Rip off in layman's terms

As has been said above the depreciation isn't likely to be high relative to a newer car.

Assuming your 'old E220' is not Euro 6 .....if your location is current then perhaps you should also be annoyed about the Glasgow LEZ that comes into force from 1st June this year for non-residents of the designated zone.

There is always the sense of occasion when you bring out the Benz... or is it just a Bentley thing... You don't get that with a Focus. :D

Case in point, I have a C63, £695 a year tax based on emissions. I also have a diesel Astra, £35 for a year.

I can drive into the Bristol and Birmingham clean air zones for free in the C63, but I have to pay near £10 a day in the Astra :dk: makes zero sense

Rip off in layman's terms
But you bought the car knowing the RFL liability.

It amounts to just over £1 a day, your financial outlay to buy it would be relatively low so ownership costs should all be low.

Why people fixate on RFL costs rather than the true running cost I have no idea.

Case in point, I have a C63, £695 a year tax based on emissions. I also have a diesel Astra, £35 for a year.

I can drive into the Bristol and Birmingham clean air zones for free in the C63, but I have to pay near £10 a day in the Astra :dk: makes zero sense
Thats bonkers 🤣 what a load of garbage the rules are

But you bought the car knowing the RFL liability.

It amounts to just over £1 a day, your financial outlay to buy it would be relatively low so ownership costs should all be low.

Why people fixate on RFL costs rather than the true running cost I have no idea.
I don't bloody care what you think you're not me

You are the one who is complaining about the RFL level that you knew about before you bought the car!
And as for you, no I didn't till i got it but that's my fault ok, so now I'll move on..

^^^ This ^^^

Personally I'd have an E-class over a Kia any day. While it won't help you, mine is £635 a year, ouch. I'd be glad of £400.
That's the thing, it's nice yes but I'm really not that fussed about it therefore maybe I shouldn't have it.

Don't answer anything i write again and we'll all be happy!! ; )
Really?

I think I will respond to any post I wish.

As for "all" you may have failed to notice that several longstanding members agreed with me.

I can explain it to you but cannot understand it for you 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom