• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Door closure makes sunroof pop up and down – W124

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
Hi All,

I bought this tip-top low miles 300D on Saturday, and I’m very pleased with it.

forum1.jpg

Cruised home two hundred effortless miles at around mid-eighties, no strain, an absolute pleasure. I had thought that I might need the power of the multi-valve, but I’m very pleased with what it has already - even pootling around town.

The 24v can sometimes feel a bit jumpy, and this more sedate motion offers a different option.

You’ll have gathered by now I’m feeling my age and I’m comparing it with a W123! That said, it does feel better than the w210 non-turbo which is now definitely on sale!

Apart from the oil pressure gauge not functioning the only other problem is the sunroof. It didn’t look a prefect closure so I thought I’d head to the nut in the boot and tighten it. Of course I should have checked the fuse, I simply assumed that the seller had tried everything starting with the easiest, not knowing about the boot-fettle.

Anyway, I tightened via the boot, then checked the fuse and hey presto the roof started to work – but only the tilt, not the slide.

Has my closing of the roof through the boot stopped the roof retracting, and at the same time has it caused it to rise and fall quickly with the pressurised air when I close the door?

Any advice welcome!

Cheers,

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom