Draining coolant from W203 cylinder block

Discussion in 'Engine' started by alex163, Sep 6, 2010.

1. alex163

alex163 Member

Hi all, this is my first post on here after purchasing my 2005 c180k avantgarde 3 weeks ago. It was due a service when i bought it so being fairly competent with a spanner i thought i'd give it the works. It's only done 22k but i thought i'd treat it to the following.

renewed oil and filter, air filter, pollen filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, brake fluid, diff oil, and coolant. (all OE parts)

Now when doing the coolant my Haynes stated it requires 8.6l of coolant and shows that the block has a drain plug as well as the radiator.

Now, can i find this? can i s***e. :wallbash:

I'm presuming that there is one as i can only drain 6l from the rad drain. i have done this for now, but really want to renew the lot. Can anyone show me or describe where this drain plug is as i really cannot find it at all.

Thanks, Alex.

2. BlackC55

BlackC55 Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Horndean, Portsmouth, Hampshire, Southsea
    Car:
    C43 AMG with a 55 engine and supercharger, E55 AMG, S500, etc
    It is very tricky to get to unless you have a lift. It will be on the left side of the block just under the cylinder head.

3. murray motors

murray motors Active Member

Car:
    129 sl 500 and sprinter
    your engine is a 271 motor i always use a engine flush to clean the oil out this engine is back to a single chain which gives a lot of bother around 70k and dont miss an oil change they can jump the valve timing at 60k