• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Drink driving and Portable Alcohol tester

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

As its nearly the silly season :) and we all like to have a good time I would like to think the fact we are all car nuts value our licence more than a little drink. So I'm not about to preach...

Only I was just sent an e-mail and the special offer was a mobile breath tester....

Now IF you think you need to use this should you EVEN be driving???

Very odd...

I think it is a very good idea but not for whether you are safe to drive home from the pub but to test yourself the morning after to ensure you are not over the limit in the morning.

I have the exact model the police use for that exact reason testing the morning after, with all the time zone changes I go through always best to check.

Its really easy on a nighttime though If you are drinking don't drive, If you are driving don't drink. Simples :thumb:

I have the exact model the police use for that exact reason testing the morning after, with all the time zone changes I go through always best to check.

Its really easy on a nighttime though If you are drinking don't drive, If you are driving don't drink. Simples :thumb:

Is that model readily available to buy? I can think of someone for whom it would make a good , though anonymous present!

Yes I bought mine in the USA as they are a fraction of the price if the UK ones, The Police have 3 type approved devices made by Lion, Draeger, Intoximeter, and Camic. THIS is the one I have and HERE are all the ones type approved for the UK. The one I have is evidential quality and the handheld version of the intoximeter that police use at the police station.

I paid $299.99 for mine + taxes, you can by them online from the US shop or US ebay usually has some good examples. Intoximeter UK are based in Totnes Devon but to buy in the UK I believe is still around £400 - £500

It should be mandatory to have breathalysers on board IMO. I do not drink and drive but think if it was law then people might have to think twice.
So many folk think they may be ok but are not sure.
On board breathalysers make them law!!!!!!!! :thumb:

How difficult would it be for car manufacturers to build them in to cars - over the limit, car immobilised:dk:

10.jpg.CROP.original-original dd.jpg

Not a pleasant sight,don't drink and drive with excess alcohol in your blood .Pay for a taxi not for the consequences of an accident.

photo;RTA Bristol alcohol related.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom