Drove the new E350 CDI Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it's a 2010 model car with COMAND APS then you do qualify... just takes a couple of hours to do the full update - seems like they're fobbing you off!

Just been to the mb dealer - they knew nothing of the codes for command and the advice they gave for tilted reverse mirrors didn't work - having read up, it looks like this is no longer an option - oh well.. Here's to scuffing some wheels

Not sure if you have the memory pack but you could just use the mirror switch to lower it while parking and then press the memory button to put it back into the original position.

Bit of a pain doing it this way but better than scuffed wheels. I should be getting my E350 coupe in a few weeks after many years of BMWs and I will miss this feature.

Just been to the mb dealer - they knew nothing of the codes for command and the advice they gave for tilted reverse mirrors didn't work - having read up, it looks like this is no longer an option - oh well.. Here's to scuffing some wheels

for the mirror to automatically tilt when reversing, the left/right selector on the mirror controls need to be selected to left, plus you need memory seats

for the mirror to automatically tilt when reversing, the left/right selector on the mirror controls need to be selected to left, plus you need memory seats

Thanks for that, thats very useful to know.

Luckily I have selected that option and so I should be ok!

If it's a 2010 model car with COMAND APS then you do qualify... just takes a couple of hours to do the full update - seems like they're fobbing you off!

FI, I understand that MB are about to change the rules on COMAND Updates (including Sat Nav maps) and make these chargeable even for cars under warranty and not automatic when serviced, as it was. This is being enforced by the updates being applied via single use only DVDs/CDs specific for the vehicle.
:mad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDeere8530
has the noisey engine/injector software issue been resolved on this engine yet ?

I would be interested in hearing some more feedback on this as well, it seems to have gone very quiet from what was a very hot topic not so long ago.

I have been a bit paranoid about engine noise since reading the earlier posts in this thread but so far no issues - have they applied a fix to later cars, mine was built late 2010?

Resurrecting an old thread here but does anyone know if these problems re sorted?

Am just about to get a CLS 350 or 320 and am not sure whether to go for the older engine.

Thanks

....plus you need memory seats

Not sure about that, mine hasn't got the memory pack but it drops the mirror when reversing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom