E320 2006 (pre facelift) parking sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musonic

Car
E320 Cdi 2006
My car is fitted with parking sensors, but it doesn't seem to have parktronic as described in the user manual. The manual talks about lights just above the dash and in the roof lining at the rear. My car does not have these. I can't find anything in the manual about any other parking assistance system.

If you don't have the internal warning lights front and rear and a button by the gear shift to turn off parktronic then I doubt you have it fitted.

Maybe you have some aftermarket sensors fitted?.

Check your datacard at the back of your service book. It should be option 220 PARKTRONIC SYSTEM (PTS)

Most likely aftermarket as said above

If you have the radio on and put it into reverse, does it reduce the radio volume?

Sounds like it is aftermarket then. I can't find a data card in the service book. What should it look like (presumably a piece of card!)?

Assuming they are aftermarket, is there anyway of troubleshooting them or repairing them if they fail? I don't have any invoices or anything that suggests when or what was fitted.

Can I retrospectively fit parktronic? or upgrade in some other way?

Sounds like it is aftermarket then. I can't find a data card in the service book. What should it look like (presumably a piece of card!)?

Can I retrospectively fit parktronic? or upgrade in some other way?

It can be retrofitted. These are the guys to see.
https://www.commandonline.co.uk/Parking-guidance/

For your datacard, note your full 17 digit Vin number and enter it (withoutspaces) into this website.

Checking VIN for Mercedes-Benz | CARInfo

The data sheet confirms that there is no parktronic. I've had a look at the link to have it retrofitted. It's not cheap! However, the website only seems to have an option for the whole kit i.e. sensors too. I wonder if there was a way to use the existing sensors but add the feedback lights?

The existing sensors seem to be malfunctioning. How can I disable them until I get a chance to get them looked at? There aren't any switches or buttons or anything obvious like that? Would it be fairly straightforward to disconnect it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom