e320 cdi brabus d6 (ii)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fascinating and historic stuff, but if it was working so well, why are you removing it?

to be honest I was more after economy, and a couple of months back when I suspected the car isn't fitted with the brabus d6, (due to not being able to see it ofc, or any connections under the engine cover) I managed to get a good deal on a chip express tuning box, which is adjustable, and claims around the same power, as well as economy on top...

so I thought I might sell the brabus tuning box, perhaps on the forum? if it's of any interest to anyone... the car is indeed pretty quick, I haven't exactly timed it, but having watched youtube videos, and knowing friends who own the same car, those seem pretty sluggish compare to mine...

if I end up using the chip express tuning box, I may end up selling the brabus d6 (ii) to anyone who may be interested, it's surely a rare beast...

Cheers mate, emailed them and they got back to me saying the following,

'Dear Fayiz,

The tuning box within the pictures is an original BRABUS article, article-number 211-636-00.

Attached the installation guide and the data sheet for this performance-kit type.'

Seems like the method of ecu fitting was correct too...

Well that's a interesting find! :thumb: There can't be many out there in this style, as by 2005 they'd definitely switched to the little black boxes and non-ECU fitting.

Well that's a interesting find! :thumb: There can't be many out there in this style, as by 2005 they'd definitely switched to the little black boxes and non-ECU fitting.

Indeed! I do have to admit though, since refitting the brabus chip, the ecu and everything, after taking it all apart yesterday, the drive seems to be smoother, at first maybe I thought it just seems that way... but after taking it for a drive again today, it does indeed seem smoother and more responsive in a way, the cluster has also been displaying around 36 - 37 mpg on a local run, which was something I've never seen it display before.. It had always been displaying close to stock figures...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom