• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E350 or E250

Don't worry, ignore the 28mpg claim. My 2011 265bhp E350CDI with 7g+ 'box averaged 38mpg over the 35,000 miles I drove in it. I'm sure you'll achieve similar (or better) with the use pattern you mentioned earlier in the thread.

Enjoy your new purchase - they're a near perfect mix of refinement and performance that doesn't break the bank by guzzling diesel.
Thanks, sounds like I'm going to enjoy driving it. It will certainly be a different experience to my C220

I drove an E250 before I bought my 2010 231 horse E350....I found it pretty harsh and noisy (TAXI!) To be honest... the V6 was a much nicer feel. You guys have must lead feet! ...28mpg!..... I've not done a tank top to tank top measure yet.....but assuming the dash reading not miles away I'm getting rather more than that. Mixed driving gets me 33 or 34.... on the motorway its 40 ish.....but probably would be better if I drove like a normal human being...I like using the paddles and making that V6 sing! Gotta say that for a derv it sounds great....if anything it could be a bit louder....very un diesel like.😀

I drove an E250 before I bought my 2010 231 horse E350....I found it pretty harsh and noisy (TAXI!) To be honest... the V6 was a much nicer feel. You guys have must lead feet! ...28mpg!..... I've not done a tank top to tank top measure yet.....but assuming the dash reading not miles away I'm getting rather more than that. Mixed driving gets me 33 or 34.... on the motorway its 40 ish.....but probably would be better if I drove like a normal human being...I like using the paddles and making that V6 sing! Gotta say that for a derv it sounds great....if anything it could be a bit louder....very un diesel like.😀

It's not the lead feet , it's that massive turbo In between the banks to blame 🤣🤣 and the 620/720 nm of torque. 👍. I never ever drive on motorways to just sit at 65/70 mph for mile after mile , wish I did, I might see a few more mpg.

Just 540 nm (398 ft lb)with mine....

I have the E250 and it’s a great balance of performance and economy, one thing that put me off with the early 350 is if the oil cooler seals go, it’s a big job to change and a known fault on early models. The 250 is very reliable motor , only fault I have heard is the cam chain tensioner can get sloppy, I do frequent oil changes and turn off stop/start to help with this.
When you mention earlier models what year are you referring to?

Don't worry about earlier models is my personal view. I think oil cooler seals will need changing circa every 100k miles regardless of the later car 'upgraded' seal.

I am happy to be proved wrong on this, but I would err on the conservative side and assume that if the car you are buying doesn't have a receipt for oil cooler seal replacement, it will be needed, so budget £1k.

Just make sure that you get a car with the older CDI engine, and not the newer BlueTec engine (AdBlue).

Not to be confused with BlueEFFICIENCY, which is fine...

Don't worry about earlier models is my personal view. I think oil cooler seals will need changing circa every 100k miles regardless of the later car 'upgraded' seal.

I am happy to be proved wrong on this, but I would err on the conservative side and assume that if the car you are buying doesn't have a receipt for oil cooler seal replacement, it will be needed, so budget £1k.
Great, thanks👍The car has a full MB Service history. I could check with them if it has been done?

Great, thanks👍The car has a full MB Service history. I could check with them if it has been done.

It's not a serviceable item unfortunately. You can ask but I doubt anyone would pay mb prices on that job. 👍

My father's ,2007 e320 same engine, was on 127k with no oil leaks from the cooler

Great, thanks👍The car has a full MB Service history. I could check with them if it has been done?

Only if you ask the dealership that serviced it, and only if it was done at a dealer......

Did you check to the airbag recall on your car ?

It's not a serviceable item unfortunately. You can ask but I doubt anyone would pay mb prices on that job. 👍

My father's ,2007 e320 same engine, was on 127k with no oil leaks from the cooler
120K miles on this one too, so will have it checked when I take it to my mechanic 👍

120K miles on this one too, so will have it checked when I take it to my mechanic 👍
Hopefully it’s been done then, save you £1000, the new seals were purple.

Hopefully it’s been done then, save you £1000, the new seals were purple.
The new seals were used from around 2010 . 👍👍

....The car has a full MB Service history....

I suggest that you insist on seeing the printout with your own eyes before signing on the dotted line (even if buying an Approved Used car from a main dealer). Sadly, it seems that 'full MB Service history' can mean different things to different people.... caveat emptor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom