E43 Tyre Skipping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Speaking of crabbing. My 2020 e63s got PS4S and yes, the skipping is mad. They even told me when I picked it up from the dealer that this is normal (they warned me straight away). For winter I have also the Alpin 4 MO as 19" - same size rather than staggered (like the 20" that are fitted from factory) - and indeed not a single skip. But as someone mentioned, and I know this is an old thread, but personally I only ever had the issue with sportier cars like the RS6 and now E63S ... My A6 didn't have that, nor did my standard Diesel E Class ...

Speaking of crabbing. My 2020 e63s got PS4S and yes, the skipping is mad. They even told me when I picked it up from the dealer that this is normal (they warned me straight away). For winter I have also the Alpin 4 MO as 19" - same size rather than staggered (like the 20" that are fitted from factory) - and indeed not a single skip. But as someone mentioned, and I know this is an old thread, but personally I only ever had the issue with sportier cars like the RS6 and now E63S ... My A6 didn't have that, nor did my standard Diesel E Class ...
The taller the wheel, the wider the tyre, the stiffer the sidewall (especially runflats), the more sporting the tyre, the more summery the tyre, and the more sporting the car (and it's suspension set-up), the more likely to skip.

Basically ... get a decent car - live with skipping :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom