E63 Insurance Go Compare v Money Supermarket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Boxster insurance was up for renewal last week. Tesco quote came in at £363.00 , £40 up on last year ( 3000 miles a year policy). Checked on Compare the market , Performance Direct £161.00 . No apparent differences in cover . Cancelled my automatic renewal with Tesco and received a phone call from them asking why I was not renewing . "£200 difference and when the BMW ( apologies for swearing) comes up for renewal I will be looking elsewhere". Obviously no point in even asking them to price match such a huge difference.

^ I've noticed that the first premium with a new company is always significantly lower than the renewal price of your existing company.
It's just part of the annual shopping around for a decent and acceptable price with what you trust is a good company.

The days of loyalty to the customer are long gone, where you used a broker each year to find the best deal, so now the boot is on the other foot and the customer shows no loyalty to the insurer either.

Hi , from my experience car insurance is a little like going to the bookies to place a bet.

Insurance companies use to want to write business on let's say Volvo products for a couple of day and when they fill the quota they close the book.

A friend of mine was a branch manager for a large car insurer and a good customer needed a cover note for a new Porche and duly provided , that night a tree fell on the car , written of and they paid out in full.

A few weeks later a customer with a new Ferrari required a cover note and request was politely declined.

Cheap car insurance is cheap for one reason , it's cheap and you expect a full payout for your new set of wheel that cost north of £50k for a policy costing £300 !

Cheap car insurance is cheap for one reason
You're doing it again... sweeping generalisation.

And that reason is...?

And what, exactly, is your definition of 'cheap'?

Cheap car insurance is no different from expensive insurance in that they both cover you exactly as described in the policy small print. Just know what you're buying 👍

Thread revival instead of a new one.
Just renewed with Tesco again for 2021/22 with best price through Confused.com coming in at £292 88.
Not many companies seem to want to insure the car for much under £400 pa apart from Tesco and Darwin who are an arm of Direct Line.
Again all the comparison sites quote a different price for the same Tesco policy.

Strangely, Confused can sell me the same policy with Tesco £28 cheaper than Tesco directly and I get a £20 Halfords voucher as well. Win win.

The biggest bonus was expecting to re tax the car on 1st Sept but upon checking its taxed until March 22. I totally forgot I'd taxed it for a year and not 6 months!

Thread revival instead of a new one.
Just renewed with Tesco again for 2021/22 with best price through Confused.com coming in at £292 88.
Not many companies seem to want to insure the car for much under £400 pa apart from Tesco and Darwin who are an arm of Direct Line.
Again all the comparison sites quote a different price for the same Tesco policy.

Strangely, Confused can sell me the same policy with Tesco £28 cheaper than Tesco directly and I get a £20 Halfords voucher as well. Win win.

The biggest bonus was expecting to re tax the car on 1st Sept but upon checking its taxed until March 22. I totally forgot I'd taxed it for a year and not 6 months!
Amazing price for a modded E63 👍

AXA insurance :eek: NEVER AGAIN, a few years ago i had a car stolen it was found 3 days later with some damage. Axa fixed the car it had a dent in the back, on picking up the car the petrol gauge was not working i went back to the garage and told them and they said they would order a new sender unit as it more than likely was where it was hit in the rear. 2 weeks later arguing with AXA they wanted me to pay for a petrol pump as the sender gauge was attached to it. I said i would take them to the small claims court, and they told me "To do that" in the end i had to pay them £120 just to get it fixed as i couldn't be without the car. I told them i would never insure with them again and i will tell as many people i can not to insure with them also, and there reply was "DO THAT" so you have given me the opportunity to do that, BEWARE AXA YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

Direct line wouldn’t quote me for the E400D, was hoping to add to the Mini insurance for a multi car policy. Anyway , got a deal from Tesco for £350 which I thought wasn’t bad.

Quote for renewal from Direct line comes in for the Mini, £295 , I phone them and try to cancel , immediately offered £213. Accepted and happy 👍
Thats a great price. Direct Line quoted me £2800 for my E400d. Opted for Aviva which was £780 and utilised a cashback site and got £40 back.

AXA insurance :eek: NEVER AGAIN, a few years ago i had a car stolen it was found 3 days later with some damage. Axa fixed the car it had a dent in the back, on picking up the car the petrol gauge was not working i went back to the garage and told them and they said they would order a new sender unit as it more than likely was where it was hit in the rear. 2 weeks later arguing with AXA they wanted me to pay for a petrol pump as the sender gauge was attached to it. I said i would take them to the small claims court, and they told me "To do that" in the end i had to pay them £120 just to get it fixed as i couldn't be without the car. I told them i would never insure with them again and i will tell as many people i can not to insure with them also, and there reply was "DO THAT" so you have given me the opportunity to do that, BEWARE AXA YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!
Withy the best will in the world, I rather think they're unlikely to be quaking in their boots, I'm afraid.

Cheap car insurance is cheap for one reason

Car Insurance costs are down generally. I've just renewed mine through compare the market. I usually avoid the cheapest quote and go with the 2nd cheapest quote which this year was Aviva for £135. Given the excellent cover that seemed a bargain. I tried going direct to Aviva as I get a shareholders discount but it was still more expensive than through Compare the Market. These web sites get special introductory deals and I've no doubt Aviva will not be near the cheapest next year. It doesn't matter as usually there is no need to provide NCB evidence these days so changing every year to get the best value is easy and hassle free.

It's cheap and nasty
?? Tesco Insurance, underwritten by Ageas is "cheap and nasty"?
Your statement is far too broad and really doesn't hold up.
eg-:
So if I took out insurance with 1* rated Motorcade and paid the following amount I'd be better insured?

Motorcade Insurance

£2,522.82

1* defaqto rating
11 monthly payments£224.19
First payment£378.42
Total price£2844.51
Insurers can change their prices at any time so this price might change if you return to buy later
Total excess on this policy£1200
Compulsory£950
Voluntary£250

Get real Boyband. It's the underwriter insuring you and the majority of companies are just agents. There are good and bad underwriters and agents, and paying more for your insurance guarantees nothing.

As a side note, I got my renewal notice from Tesco today and if I hadn't shopped around and automatically renewed, Tesco would have charged me £394. Yes, £102 more than the identical policy I took out with them yesterday.
Anyone who doesn't explore the market every year is either foolish or has money to waste IMO.
1629573674371.png

Errrr.
That would be me;):D
😬

Depends how you want to interpret at least 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom