eBay and the deluded!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How did you know?

His Highness had his staff deal with it so all above board and apparently an Albanian transport company will collect 🤣👌
Actually very straightforward.

One email and a telephone call, turned up precisely at the arranged time . Polite and pleasant manner, he spent 10 minutes looking over the car and the paperwork. Showed his insurance and licence (unasked for but welcome) and after a 10 minute drive was happy to buy, didn't haggle and transferred the funds immediately by bank transfer.

Transfer of ownership complete and he was on his way back to Kent with a wave and thanks for a stress free transaction.

Just had someone on eBay asking about the car despite my ending the listing last week.

I told him that I have removed it from eBay due to scammers and time wasters but and despite it being sold I was curious as to what he was up to!

His reply

"Ahh-crumbs typical eBay time wasters for you I guess !

Nonetheless, I can reassure you that I'm not the aforementioned, and that what I have to offer is this private plate which is in my possession that reads G16DMT and I was just wondering if you'd be interested in swaping for the lovely car ?

Below I have attached a screenshot of it's estimated value.

Kind regards,

Sam."

He said it was worth £1295.

I told him to go and sell it then! 🙄

Advertised my L200 on autotrader. Before I saw the "live" advert my phone rang - a trader from the midlands.
He asked a few questions then paid a £250 deposit and asked me to mark the truck as "sold" on autotrader.
I googled him but there was limited information available so I was suspicous.
Said he would collect the following Mon/Tues but then followed up with a call to say that he had a cold & would collect later in the week.
Collection was later rearranged for the Thursday.
The Thursday arrived & there were mixed messages about arrival time as their driver had accepted another drop off near Dartford.
Therir driver eventually arrived at 6:30/6:40 pm and it was dark. He wanted to check for oil leaks & was unhappy about chassis rust.
Oil "leak" spotted just below oil filter which had been changed the week before so I wasn't convinced that it was actually a leak.
Chassis rust is common on these vehicles & had previously been declined by Mitsubishi a a warranty claim.
Drivers boss phoned looking for a price reduction for the oil leak & the chassis rust. I said not to worry & I would re-list the truck on autotrader & keep his deposit for the inconvienience.
He was already into paying the collection driver £250.
Within 10 minutes he was back on the phone advising that the full balance had been paid.

It took 4 days for that comeback? 🤣
Some of us have better things to do than constantly look at the Forum. Your point being?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom