• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

eBay and the deluded!

I use Facebook and like with all social media it’s fine as you use it for what it is and in small doses.

I love it when people large it up saying they never use any forms of social media and they post it on a car forum 🤣🤣🤣
Hardly the same.

You can kid yourself. 🤪
Not in the slightest.

The Forum is not remotely like Facebook etc..

Not in format , design, intent or operation. Just because a resource is available on line doesn't necessarily make it social media.

The major players in social media operate over very wide platforms with billions of members

Each to their own though! 👍😁

Not in the slightest.

The Forum is not remotely like Facebook etc..

Not in format , design, intent or operation. Just because a resource is available on line doesn't necessarily make it social media.

The major players in social media operate over very wide platforms with billions of members

Each to their own though! 👍😁

Any forum on any subject is a form of social media. Like it or not.

To be fair....if your type "car forums are not social media" into Google you get lots of reunite in agreement too. That's how Google works.

To be fair....if your type "car forums are not social media" into Google you get lots of reunite in agreement too. That's how Google works.
Precisely.

This thread (and all others like it) makes me smile to myself. EBay, FB, insta, twitter (X), TT etc are no better or worse than most other aspects of our lives.

There are benefits and downsides to everything. I’ve been using eBay most my adult life (buying & selling) and on the whole only a few bad experiences. No different to using your local pub once a week for 20/30 years. Or using your MB dealership (as members on here regularly report bad experiences)

Not aimed solely at the OP but there’s a certain degree of snobbery and a lot of ‘old school’ attitudes towards modern life.

Last edited:
I have had these silly messages over the years when I used to use Ebay. My favourite when they used to offer silly low ball offers was, give me an hour and I will remove the steering wheel for you and you can have that!

I like getting messages like "I don't think it's worth any more than eg £3k" when I'm selling eg a car for £5k. It's not even an offer, it's some sort of passive/aggressive statement. When I sold my E39 I even had someone continuing to harangue me after I'd sold the car to someone else.

And I'll always remember advertising a Saab 9000 for £500. Guy asked loads of questions, arranged to come and look and on the day messaged me to ask if he could pay by PayPal. For 500 quid. So he could drive off in it, start a dispute and then I never see the car or my money again? Nah, you're alright.

I love it when people large it up saying they never use any forms of social media and they post it on a car forum 🤣🤣🤣

I never use any forms of social media

😇

I hope not because I’ll have to talk to people instead. 🤪🤪
Good point well made!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom