ECP website

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
EuroCarParts said:
Hi David

The first stage of changes went live yesterday - you should find less choices than before :)

One of the few times that I have been pleased to see less choice...

Much better.

I'll be in touch with your web team as requested. For your information, please note that the card was not used anywhere else except the ECP site yesterday and the fraud appears to have occurred shortly afterwards.

Check your machine for any spyware/virus etc

Hi
just a minor niggle...your 'Fastfinder' seems to be having trouble? The reg number ('89 W124 estate) gets recognised as a W123 instead of W124, but when I try to manually select it I put in 'Mercedes' and 'E class', then it won't let me pick year or model?
It recognises the reg off my 300TD but list the engine as 0.0lt and won't find any parts?

cheers!

Hi
the fastfinder used to work fine on both the cars though...

Just found an old MoT for the TD saying its a 300TE ...?:crazy:

cheers!

(hope you're on overtime lol ;) )

Hi
the fastfinder used to work fine on both the cars though...

Just found an old MoT for the TD saying its a 300TE ...?:crazy:

cheers!

(hope you're on overtime lol ;) )

No overtime - just dedicated to great customer experience :bannana:

On Thursday we swtiched to our own, customer made parts catalogue, and although this offers a range of advantages such as less choices displayed, and more parts online - there are some vehicles which (due to DVLA differences) come back as 'no parts available'

If you can report these VRMs (like Balge has) then we can get our cataloging team to make the amends, and hopefully in the next few weeks - the reg's will work like normal :)

Until then, feel free to abuse me with parts enquiries :thumb:

PM received and sent - cheers!

Anyone else getting odd results? Is it just older cars having problems?

cheers

Forget if I mentioned it but its not just VRM recognition having issues, if I ty to select manually I can't select 'year' or 'engine' (greyed out) after entering 'Mercedes' and 'E Class' into make and model, and there isn't a tab for just W124 series, only 'W124 coupe/cab'?

cheers!

Just an update, noticed the insurance docs' for my 300TD were wrong! Had it down as a manual TE:confused:

Sorted that out, and just noticed the ECP 'fast finder' now recognises the reg number !:thumb:

- still thinks the 230TE is a W123 not a W124 though:confused:

... presumably the database is using insurance company data rather than actual DVLA information? Anyway, getting better:thumb:

Oh yes, just noticed the manual entry car finder won't let me select ANY car at all?

cheers!

Just an update, noticed the insurance docs' for my 300TD were wrong! Had it down as a manual TE:confused:

Sorted that out, and just noticed the ECP 'fast finder' now recognises the reg number !:thumb:

- still thinks the 230TE is a W123 not a W124 though:confused:

... presumably the database is using insurance company data rather than actual DVLA information? Anyway, getting better:thumb:

Oh yes, just noticed the manual entry car finder won't let me select ANY car at all?

cheers!

Hi Balge!

After you reported the errors with your reg, we passed them to our cataloguing team who corrected the link :)

As for the manual selector - if its completely greyed out can you please close your browser and re-open if you are having the same problem could you email a screendump to [email protected] :)

Thanks

solved ?

Hi...turns out to be a browser problem - another one - with Chrome:(:eek:

IE works fine, no greying out so I imagine its a Java issue within Chrome - heh, I had problems with Chrome using MB's EPC...and ECP:doh:
Image is when using Chrome btw
cheers!
230TE still coming up as W123 ?

Last edited:
Well , I can report , happily , that the manual selector works fine on Safari , with mac OS X .

What is not so happy , is that one of my W126's is recognised by its registration number , while the other just comes up as an N/A 1985 ; N/A 0.0 , although it used to work previously .

Moreover , when the manual selector is used , although both cars can be found , eventually , they are misleadingly not listed under S Class , where they belong , but under SE series or SEL series . Even with those designations , the SE series and SEL series only lists the W126 range and not the earlier W116 series ( nor even W108 , W109 , W111 , W112 or W180 - all of which could be described in those terms ) .

It would be altogether simpler to just use the W116 , W126 , W140 , W220 , W221 designations ( with cross referencing against S Class which should then open up the same list ) , much as has already been done with W123 and W124 designations ( and still offers the range of years under E Class ) . One confusing thing is listing the '210' , which is clearly a van , but causes confusion for someone looking for parts for a W210 ; much as listing the '208' van as a type which could cause confusion for a W208 CLK owner .

Perhaps dividing MB into 'cars' and 'commercial vehicles' firstly , then allowing people to 'drill down' through subdivisions would be simpler ?

Or what about a search by chassis/VIN number box alongside the search by registration number ?

Well , I can report , happily , that the manual selector works fine on Safari , with mac OS X .

What is not so happy , is that one of my W126's is recognised by its registration number , while the other just comes up as an N/A 1985 ; N/A 0.0 , although it used to work previously .
I think this has been fixed. If not can you PM me the reg again :)

Moreover , when the manual selector is used , although both cars can be found , eventually , they are misleadingly not listed under S Class , where they belong , but under SE series or SEL series . Even with those designations , the SE series and SEL series only lists the W126 range and not the earlier W116 series ( nor even W108 , W109 , W111 , W112 or W180 - all of which could be described in those terms ) .
We have kept the model codes away from customers, as not all (aprox 10% of customers) are aware of the models they own - Everybody knows what a E class is, but not a W210...

Or what about a search by chassis/VIN number box alongside the search by registration number ?

Even our catalogue doesn't decode VINs, so we wouldn't be able to offer this function - you then also have security risks to displaying VIN responses.

Thanks for the feedback, i have passed them onto the other members fo the webteam and the developers!

:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom