• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

EQC 400 matic

What were you expecting to hear? Of course they will tell how happy they are with the purchase. Were you expecting to hear that the range is ridiculous, that they are paying hundreds of pounds per month for a car that can take them nowhere, that if cold outside they wear several layers of clothes as there will be no heating in a car as it will kill the range even further, that no dealer service can do proper diagnostic if something is wrong and even when they diagnose it they wont know how to fix it.
Of course they will not tell you that. Not because they have something against you or me but because they don’t want to be the only ones who bit the bullet and now regret it.
@MercedesDriver What on earth are you on about? How many of the EVs launched in the last 2 years have you actually driven for any length of time to come up with these statements? Maybe you have had a bad experience with an EV and the dealer you bought it from but how can you project that experience upon all EVs from any manufacturer? It makes no logical sense. What is this obsession from onlookers about range? Maybe if you're the type of person who regularly does 500-600 mile round trips on a daily basis, but for the vast majority of drivers in this country, their daily mileage isn't anywhere near that.

The range might be ridiculous to you and your individual needs, but like I said, plenty are happy with the range for THEIR needs. Down here in the suburbs of London, I see more and more EVs every day. One of my recent Uber rides was in a VW ID3 and the driver told me how he switched from a recent MB E220d and he was very happy, not just with how the car drives, but how much he was saving a month on fuel (electricity vs diesel) - it had almost as much room in the back as an E class, yet it was shorter than a Golf.

I know quite a few Tesla owners who have had their cars issues remotely diagnosed, without having to visit a service centre. I don't know which EV drivers you have been talking to, but I haven't met any in my travels within the EV community who choose not to put on the heating in winter and wear several layers of clothes. Most buyers of EVs tend to do their research in advance and make an informed choice before getting one, just like any buyer should do of any car, regardless of how it is powered. I'm fully accept that EVs are not suitable (or currently affordable) for everyone and everyone's needs, but current EVs will suit many people's lifestyles without any regrets.

@MercedesDriver What on earth are you on about? How many of the EVs launched in the last 2 years have you actually driven for any length of time to come up with these statements? Maybe you have had a bad experience with an EV and the dealer you bought it from but how can you project that experience upon all EVs from any manufacturer? It makes no logical sense. What is this obsession from onlookers about range? Maybe if you're the type of person who regularly does 500-600 mile round trips on a daily basis, but for the vast majority of drivers in this country, their daily mileage isn't anywhere near that.

The range might be ridiculous to you and your individual needs, but like I said, plenty are happy with the range for THEIR needs. Down here in the suburbs of London, I see more and more EVs every day. One of my recent Uber rides was in a VW ID3 and the driver told me how he switched from a recent MB E220d and he was very happy, not just with how the car drives, but how much he was saving a month on fuel (electricity vs diesel) - it had almost as much room in the back as an E class, yet it was shorter than a Golf.

I know quite a few Tesla owners who have had their cars issues remotely diagnosed, without having to visit a service centre. I don't know which EV drivers you have been talking to, but I haven't met any in my travels within the EV community who choose not to put on the heating in winter and wear several layers of clothes. Most buyers of EVs tend to do their research in advance and make an informed choice before getting one, just like any buyer should do of any car, regardless of how it is powered. I'm fully accept that EVs are not suitable (or currently affordable) for everyone and everyone's needs, but current EVs will suit many people's lifestyles without any regrets.
If I were one of those people with such lifestyle I would just take Uber and wouldn’t be bothered with any car tbh, but I’m not, so Petrol or Diesel for me, please.

Tesla regularly scores at the bottom of the table in reliability surveys, and at the top in owners' satisfaction surveys.

I think that Tesla users (the early ones, anyway) were early adopters that were sold on the technology, and accepted that a complex high-tech car can't be reliable as a Nissan Micra.

Perhaps in the same way that a decade ago early iPhone 3 users accepted that the screen will crack if the phone is dropped (almost unheard of on the old Nokia phones), or that the battery will last for half a day, if that (while Nokia phones lasted for a week).

The issue for the likes of MB and BMW and Audi etc, is that they are now trying to sell 'iPhones' to their 'Nokia' users. But their 'Nokia' users expect a screen that does not break when dropped and one week battery life.............

We have a very expensive Model-X at work, it came brand new with a load of paint and trim issues, it went back to the dealer a few times, they sorted what they could, but gave-up on the rest - and yet the person who drives it is 100% happy with it and does not mind the 'minor irritations' (on a brand new car with a 6-figure RRP...).

We have a very expensive Model-X at work, it came brand new with a load of paint and trim issues, it went back to the dealer a few times, they sorted what they could, but gave-up on the rest - and yet the person who drives it is 100% happy with it and does not mind the 'minor irritations' (on a brand new car with a 6-figure RRP...).
@markjay Tesla operate a different business model. Their priority is to ship cars out as quickly as possible (with minimal or zero PDI) and let the service centres deal with fixing any issues. The quality is still quite variable, some cars are completely perfect, and some have door panels etc that need to be aligned by the service centre. You're right though, the overall package is superior enough (as an EV) that many put up with the relatively minor issues (although some do reject the brand new car and either get another one or get a refund) - The made in China cars are supposed to be built to a higher standard than the made in USA cars

Tesla regularly scores at the bottom of the table in reliability surveys, and at the top in owners' satisfaction surveys.

I think that Tesla users (the early ones, anyway) were early adopters that were sold on the technology, and accepted that a complex high-tech car can't be reliable as a Nissan Micra.

Perhaps in the same way that a decade ago early iPhone 3 users accepted that the screen will crack if the phone is dropped (almost unheard of on the old Nokia phones), or that the battery will last for half a day, if that (while Nokia phones lasted for a week).

The issue for the likes of MB and BMW and Audi etc, is that they are now trying to sell 'iPhones' to their 'Nokia' users. But their 'Nokia' users expect a screen that does not break when dropped and one week battery life.............
@markjay For the low volume models like the S and X, yes, but not for the 3 which is the model that is essentially their biggest seller here in the UK and which a lot of company car choosers are switching to from 3 series/C class diesels (makes sense financially) - Reliability of Model 3 and other recent EVs is still pretty good. The quality of the E-Tron was pretty impeccable when I drove one for a few days. Quality was up there with a regular ICE Audi SUVs. Same with the Jaguar i-Pace I had.

The issue for MB and Audi in particular is that they have been caught with their pants down, as they never expected EVs to take off so quickly, so they have only managed to roll out EVs adapted from ICE platforms (EQC, EQA, E-tron for example) that are overpriced, and horribly inefficient as an EV. Lovely cars to drive, but they could have done better if they had built an EV from the ground up like others have. Spend time in something as efficient as a Hyundai Ioniq or Kia E-niro and you quickly realise the Koreans are away ahead of the Germans in terms of building good EVs. Just look at the specs and design of the EV-6/Ioniq 5 and contrast that with the EQA/EQB.

I can see where you are coming from but not sure I agree with your iPhone vs Nokia analogy etc - just take a look at the new MB A classes with all the technology on the interior which is what draws a lot of the young buyers to choose those models. Although, it's clear that MB and Audi have so far made EVs that "look" like their ICE offerings, so maybe that's their way of trying to ease customers into buying an EV? Things need to change if MB and Audi want to sell EVs in a bigger way as their dealers seem to know diddly squat about their EV products, both in terms of pre-sales and even after sales support.

It will be an interesting couple of decades ahead, especially if the Chinese luxury EV firms decide to enter the UK market and shake things up :)

Last edited:
The issue for MB and Audi in particular is that they have been caught with their pants down, as they never expected EVs to take off so quickly, so they have only managed to roll out EVs adapted from ICE platforms (EQC, EQA, E-tron for example) that are overpriced, and horribly inefficient as an EV. Lovely cars to drive, but they could have done better if they had built an EV from the ground up like others have. Spend time in something as efficient as a Hyundai Ioniq or Kia E-niro and you quickly realise the Koreans are away ahead of the Germans in terms of building good EVs. Just look at the specs and design of the EV-6/Ioniq 5 and contrast that with the EQA/EQB.

The issue for the industry is that EVs need regulatory crutches and hype to sell to the masses.

The likes of MB are caught in a pincer movement - they are forced via regulation to shift their capital manufacturing base and customers to EVs. At the same time Tesla is hyped in stock market such that it appears to out compete them and is hyped by customers and doesn't have an exiting ICE customer base.

EVs are not selling to the masses on merit. You mention company cars. The economics of company cars mean the government has higher leverage on pushing EVs in that market. The government leverage is the money of the masses. You may not own an EV or even have a driving licence - but you are effectively subsidising them regardless.

The Ioniq is a decent vehicle. But compare it with an A Class. The compromises are that it's not as nice internally as MB's cheapest car - which ironically is in the price zone of the Ioniq. I took a wander around my local city today (Glasgow) and lots of cars about. It's still notable to see an EV on the move or parked. They are still rare. Why is this? EVs are not that new. Charging points have been around for years. I'd guess you see more EVs in London .... but then that's what you get with control such as congestion charging and ULEZs.

When Tesla were taking deposits on the S (that seems like a l...o...n...g time ago) there were those who seriously believed it would cost around £30,000. There has been a huge amount of optimisim and belief about EVs. We even have amazing 'Turbo' EVs from Porsche. (Pretty amazing making a turbocharger work with an electric motor? Do they spin the turbocharger electrically or do they just fit it and let it sit idle?).

I'm really cynical about the way this is being handled.

The issue for the industry is that EVs need regulatory crutches and hype to sell to the masses.

The likes of MB are caught in a pincer movement - they are forced via regulation to shift their capital manufacturing base and customers to EVs. At the same time Tesla is hyped in stock market such that it appears to out compete them and is hyped by customers and doesn't have an exiting ICE customer base.

EVs are not selling to the masses on merit. You mention company cars. The economics of company cars mean the government has higher leverage on pushing EVs in that market. The government leverage is the money of the masses. You may not own an EV or even have a driving licence - but you are effectively subsidising them regardless.

The Ioniq is a decent vehicle. But compare it with an A Class. The compromises are that it's not as nice internally as MB's cheapest car - which ironically is in the price zone of the Ioniq. I took a wander around my local city today (Glasgow) and lots of cars about. It's still notable to see an EV on the move or parked. They are still rare. Why is this? EVs are not that new. Charging points have been around for years. I'd guess you see more EVs in London .... but then that's what you get with control such as congestion charging and ULEZs.

When Tesla were taking deposits on the S (that seems like a l...o...n...g time ago) there were those who seriously believed it would cost around £30,000. There has been a huge amount of optimisim and belief about EVs. We even have amazing 'Turbo' EVs from Porsche. (Pretty amazing making a turbocharger work with an electric motor? Do they spin the turbocharger electrically or do they just fit it and let it sit idle?).

I'm really cynical about the way this is being handled.
@Dryce I don't agree with you about MB. They failed to adapt quickly. They are behind in EVs, despite having a stake in Tesla many years ago and doing some initial collaborations. They thought that they could add a bunch of plug in hybrids, and that would be enough for "electrification" of their portfolio and enough to reduce their overall emissions. VW have managed to adapt, with their MEB platform and the ID cars. We here in the UK often fail to realise that the biggest market for MB in the world is China, which also happens to be the biggest EV market in the world too. The Korean companies have managed to adapt.

I don't see what the market cap of Tesla has to do with MB making half decent EVs? They do out compete MB, when it comes to EV sales. Their technology is years ahead of anyone else, including MB. I remember how my C350e had a check engine light come on, and I took it to the dealer, and had to leave the car for 2 days, and it turned out the car needed a software update! Contrast that when I had a Tesla in the US and I returned from eating at a restaurant to find the car had installed a software update over 4G whilst I'd had my meal. Tesla cars are not perfect and the company has their own issues, but they are forcing people to think differently about cars and how they work.

EVs are not selling to the masses, full stop. I'm not saying that they do. Despite EV sales growing rapidly, they still comprise a tiny portion of all cars registered on our roads. EVs at present are for the affluent or those with jobs that enable them to have company cars that are £40k and up. It reminds me of mobile phones when they first came out which were unaffordable to the masses, but fast forward, and now you have little kids with their own mobile phones. Price parity of EVs vs ICE will take time.

The masses don't tend to buy brand new cars anyway (regardless of fuel source), so it's going to be a quite a long time before we have a used EV market with enough of a range of cars in the way that someone can buy a 10-15 year old ICE car today for a relatively small cash outlay. The narrative that we as a society are going to all switch to EVs overnight is nonsense.

I wasn't comparing the Ioniq with the A class, but with the EQA, as an electric vehicle, primarily in terms of efficiency. Yes, like I said, price parity is not there on EVs vs ICE yet. Battery packs are still expensive.

Regarding London/SE - A sizeable population and lots of affluent people live here, so no wonder I see so many EVs, even in the suburbs. I live in what's considered a "poor" part of London, yet half the cars on neighbours driveways are Mercs less than 5 years old! Regarding congestion charge and ULEZ as an incentive for people to switch to an EV in London, hardly any private motorists drive their own car into the congestion charge zone and with the ULEZ, one could drive a 2008 C63 AMG and still be exempt from the ULEZ charge! When I've met people in the EV community down here (all brands), their primary motivation for switching is for environmental reasons/financial savings on fuel etc. Although some buy for the feeling of instant torque and fun acceleration. Even in the budget EVs, it's hilarious in urban traffic to pull away from the lights quicker than an ICE sports car.

I don't have an issue with you being cynical, I respect your opinion and it's healthy to have conversations with people who have different perspectives. As you point out there is a great deal of optimism about EVs, and so much is being invested in the entire industry (BTW, are all of these corporations around the globe who are investing billions, completely crazy, from your perspective?)

As a society, we do need to reduce emissions from road transport (and other sources), but unless we suddenly decide to drive fewer miles every year to play our part, I'm curious what alternative method you propose to reduce emissions from road transport this century, if EVs aren't something worth pursuing?

@Dryce We here in the UK often fail to realise that the biggest market for MB in the world is China,

It's Europe that is MB's biggest market. You can't compare China with a single country.

China also represents a bigger political risk.

I don't see what the market cap of Tesla has to do with MB making half decent EVs? They do out compete MB, when it comes to EV sales. Their technology is years ahead of anyone else, including MB. I remember how my C350e had a check engine light come on, and I took it to the dealer, and had to leave the car for 2 days, and it turned out the car needed a software update! Contrast that when I had a Tesla in the US and I returned from eating at a restaurant to find the car had installed a software update over 4G whilst I'd had my meal. Tesla cars are not perfect and the company has their own issues, but they are forcing people to think differently about cars and how they work.

Stock market valuation has an impact on the way a company is judged on its performance and can raise money.

One of the structural risks ofthe modern financial markets is difference in the valuations between companies with tangible substance and those with intangible substance.

We have seen this sort of thing with Amazon and Tesla who can make moves announcements that disproportionately impact their competition. It also encourages existing players to pander to the market to protec themselves.

EVs are not selling to the masses, full stop. I'm not saying that they do. Despite EV sales growing rapidly, they still comprise a tiny portion of all cars registered on our roads. EVs at present are for the affluent or those with jobs that enable them to have company cars that are £40k and up. It reminds me of mobile phones when they first came out which were unaffordable to the masses, but fast forward, and now you have little kids with their own mobile phones. Price parity of EVs vs ICE will take time.

So EVs are not selling to the masses - yet Tesla's market capitalisation is substantial compared with all the other large automotive manufacturers.

Earnings per share?

If other vehicle types stop selling in the interim then .... that damages the existing manufacturers. So their capitalisation is inferior and their eranings per share judged more harshly.

The masses don't tend to buy brand new cars anyway (regardless of fuel source), so it's going to be a quite a long time before we have a used EV market with enough of a range of cars in the way that someone can buy a 10-15 year old ICE car today for a relatively small cash outlay. The narrative that we as a society are going to all switch to EVs overnight is nonsense.

The masses do buy new cars. They just don't buy every year. And the market recycles a significant proportion of new cars from fleets and private buyers to private customers.

I wasn't comparing the Ioniq with the A class, but with the EQA, as an electric vehicle, primarily in terms of efficiency. Yes, like I said, price parity is not there on EVs vs ICE yet. Battery packs are still expensive.

Regarding London/SE - A sizeable population and lots of affluent people live here, so no wonder I see so many EVs, even in the suburbs. I live in what's considered a "poor" part of London, yet half the cars on neighbours driveways are Mercs less than 5 years old! Regarding congestion charge and ULEZ as an incentive for people to switch to an EV in London, hardly any private motorists drive their own car into the congestion charge zone and with the ULEZ, one could drive a 2008 C63 AMG and still be exempt from the ULEZ charge! When I've met people in the EV community down here (all brands), their primary motivation for switching is for environmental reasons/financial savings on fuel etc. Although some buy for the feeling of instant torque and fun acceleration. Even in the budget EVs, it's hilarious in urban traffic to pull away from the lights quicker than an ICE sports car.

And your point about cars 'under 5 years old' on driveways could be used to justify that the likes of the ULEZ do make buyers (private or corporate) look at newer cars wither vecause the ULEZ is a proble or because it might be a problem (or might impact resale).

I'm curious what alternative method you propose to reduce emissions from road transport this century, if EVs aren't something worth pursuing?

Well I have repeatedly advocated taxing vehicles based on weight as a starter.

It's clear from the effects of the pandemic that commuting isn't as important as people think (either by private or publicx transport).

And when reducing emissions it should be noted that cars are only a part of the problem - goods vehicles and *buses* are both very significant.

I also have a recently acquired view that e-bikes are a practical way forward for many journeys - backed by proper separation of bicycle, pedstrian, and motor vehicles. (I'm watching local council make what I consifder to be a hash of putting in cycle routes - poorly publicised and disc-continuous and tangled with pavements and bus lanes and bus stops).

...I'd guess you see more EVs in London .... but then that's what you get with control such as congestion charging and ULEZs...

You forgot to mention free parking... an EV only pays for the first 10 minutes of parking in any Pay-and-Display bay in London (it's a token fee, mainly to establish eligibility and parking start time). With a 4-hour parking in Central London typically costing between £15 and £20 (in addition to saving £15 on Congestion Charge), driving an EV in London is a real bargain, and that's even before considering the loss to the government in new car subsidy, BIK, VED, and fuel duty.

The funny bit is that while EVs have zero exhaust emissions, they are still responsible most of the other type of maladies that ICE cars do - from pollution caused by manufacturing and global shipping to end-of-life recycling, as well as road congestion, accidents, and pollution from tyre and brakes wear etc.

The real answer is to reverse the trend of increased use of cars in general (EV or otherwise). The multinationals won't play ball, obviously, and the only way for governments to enforce it on the masses is by making private car ownership unaffordable - which will have the knock-on effect of turning it back into a privilege for the wealthy.

Personally, I envision huge subsidies until ICE cars are all but phased-out, followed by a massive hike in tax until few private cars remain on the road. Call me a pessimist...

Last edited:
Its entirely possible that for the majority of the population "micro vehicles" = 2/3/4 wheeled E vehicles are the future for indivdual urban E transport. :( I would clarify the "vehicle" definition however which would eliminate E bikes and scooters as we know them at present--in the UK they need to protect the driver from the elements , provide a safety cell if by necessity they are sharing the road with larger heavier vehicles, and be capable of carrying a second passenger or decent load/ luggage and a reasonable daily range to tick all the boxes???

something like this-
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its entirely possible that for the majority of the population "micro vehicles" = 2/3/4 wheeled E vehicles are the future for indivdual urban E transport. :( I would clarify the "vehicle" definition however which would eliminate E bikes and scooters as we know them at present--in the UK they need to protect the driver from the elements , provide a safety cell if by necessity they are sharing the road with larger heavier vehicles, and be capable of carrying a second passenger or decent load/ luggage and a reasonable daily range to tick all the boxes???

something like this-

Or .... if anybody remembers ..... the BMW C1.

Or .... maybe a Renault Twizzy.

The TOYOTA shows how things have moved on in 11 years

Sinclair C5, anyone?

FOR THOSE WHO PREFER THE " HAIR SHIRT" APPROACH TO PERSONAL MOBILITY.

At our dealership we’re seeing a big increase in people coming in with complaints about electric range, but I’m yet to see a recent case where there’s actually an issue with the car.

A big part of the issue is a lack of knowledge and a complete lack of a vehicle handover. We’ve had 3 people in the last two weeks who bought EQC’s as company cars, have had their car delivered with little to no handover and after some questioning, have zero understanding of the systems in the car.

One particular customer didn’t have any awareness of the brake regeneration system, so had never used the paddles behind the steering wheel to turn it on. They also had no understanding of why pre heating the car before setting off in cold weather would extend range. Lastly they didn’t even know that they had different drive modes, so had just been driving in comfort mode every time.

Another customer with an A250e was getting less than 15 miles range. We got the car in the workshop for a service and diagnosis of the range issue, to find that they had abnormally worn brake pads/discs and the same with the tyres. We’d expect brake wear to be lower on any electric or PHEV vehicle when regeneration is used effectively. I took the car for a 5 mile drive and the range had actually increased by 7 miles by the time I got back, so 12 overall. They had clearly been driving aggressively all the time, with the brake regeneration system off again, but still the expectation that they should achieve the 40 mile range.

I’ve driven EQC’s well over 200 miles on several occasions. I own a GLE 350de and see a massive variation in range depending on journey type and the weather, which we see even more in our electric smart car too. I’m religious about pre heating the cars when the weather is cold and make sure I’m using the drive modes to extend range when needed.

Customers still say to me that they wouldn’t consider an electric car until the range is 400 miles plus. When the EQS arrives, people will still drive like this, ignore the systems available to extend their range and then they’ll complain because they will be getting 200 miles, not over 400.

There’s a huge lack of EV knowledge and a huge shortfall in training for the people selling these cars. That coupled with the fact that the biggest market for Electric and PHEV vehicles being company cars is a recipe for disaster. We have enquiries from people who’s journeys are simply not suitable for the vehicle we’re offering, but they’re completely blinded by the company car tax saving. My colleague told a company last year that the EQC wasn’t suitable for them because they were driving long distances every day, often to rural areas. I week after taking delivery of 3 EQC’s, we’d bought back one of them and sold him a C220d estate.

I feel that we’re a long way away from electric cars being truly mainstream and it’ll certainly require a lot of knowledge from both the public and the dealerships selling them before they work for the majority.

At our dealership we’re seeing a big increase in people coming in with complaints about electric range, but I’m yet to see a recent case where there’s actually an issue with the car.

A big part of the issue is a lack of knowledge and a complete lack of a vehicle handover. We’ve had 3 people in the last two weeks who bought EQC’s as company cars, have had their car delivered with little to no handover and after some questioning, have zero understanding of the systems in the car.

One particular customer didn’t have any awareness of the brake regeneration system, so had never used the paddles behind the steering wheel to turn it on. They also had no understanding of why pre heating the car before setting off in cold weather would extend range. Lastly they didn’t even know that they had different drive modes, so had just been driving in comfort mode every time.

Another customer with an A250e was getting less than 15 miles range. We got the car in the workshop for a service and diagnosis of the range issue, to find that they had abnormally worn brake pads/discs and the same with the tyres. We’d expect brake wear to be lower on any electric or PHEV vehicle when regeneration is used effectively. I took the car for a 5 mile drive and the range had actually increased by 7 miles by the time I got back, so 12 overall. They had clearly been driving aggressively all the time, with the brake regeneration system off again, but still the expectation that they should achieve the 40 mile range.

I’ve driven EQC’s well over 200 miles on several occasions. I own a GLE 350de and see a massive variation in range depending on journey type and the weather, which we see even more in our electric smart car too. I’m religious about pre heating the cars when the weather is cold and make sure I’m using the drive modes to extend range when needed.

Customers still say to me that they wouldn’t consider an electric car until the range is 400 miles plus. When the EQS arrives, people will still drive like this, ignore the systems available to extend their range and then they’ll complain because they will be getting 200 miles, not over 400.

There’s a huge lack of EV knowledge and a huge shortfall in training for the people selling these cars. That coupled with the fact that the biggest market for Electric and PHEV vehicles being company cars is a recipe for disaster. We have enquiries from people who’s journeys are simply not suitable for the vehicle we’re offering, but they’re completely blinded by the company car tax saving. My colleague told a company last year that the EQC wasn’t suitable for them because they were driving long distances every day, often to rural areas. I week after taking delivery of 3 EQC’s, we’d bought back one of them and sold him a C220d estate.

I feel that we’re a long way away from electric cars being truly mainstream and it’ll certainly require a lot of knowledge from both the public and the dealerships selling them before they work for the majority.
@JBD Fascinating stories. Thank You! Yes, you're right, education is key here for making informed choices.

@JBD Fascinating stories. Thank You! Yes, you're right, education is key here for making informed choices.
Definitely eduction is the key. Unfortunately when people are financially incentivised to buy electric cars, they’re not really looking to be educated.

Ironically, one of the big complaints about EVs is that they are white goods with wheels. At present, they are far from being that intuitive! If every gadget in life was as simple to use and as reliable as a typical fridge, I think most folk would be delighted.

As an engineer-brain type, I simply can't get my head round the fact that so many people use machines like cars with so little appreciation of even the most basic elements of how to operate them and how they work. But yes, I get that I am weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom