Euro Car Parts. Excellent service and a policy change that may be useful.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes it has a single rear wear sensor, it has not triggered yet. I have had wear sensor wires break and fail to trigger hence checking brake wear rather than rely on the sensors.
The sensor has to be about 3mm in diameter so if it has not triggered you must have way more than 3mm left ..or a faulty sensor ? :dk:

The sensor has to be about 3mm in diameter so if it has not triggered you must have way more than 3mm left ..or a faulty sensor ? :dk:

I said the pads were "around" 3mm and you say the sensor "has to be about 3mm"

Both clearly estimations but you then go on to state an absolute "if it has not triggered you must have way more than 3mm left or a faulty sensor"

Unsure what point you are trying to make.

Have ordered some parts we will see how good they are once they arrive o_O

This point , not based on any estimations, brakes are too important to 'estimate' on anything. On this set of new Akebono pads the sensor hole is 3mm and then beyond that is 1mm of pad material , so if the sensor works the moment it 'makes' the disc this pad would have 4mm of material when the dash warning lamp came on . Simple.

As you can see Akebono give you the ability to choose how much is left before you get an alarm by having the sensor hole closer to the disc in the opposite pad if you choose that option , track use etc.

Akebono.jpg

This point , not based on any estimations, brakes are too important to 'estimate' on anything. On this set of new Akebono pads the sensor hole is 3mm and then beyond that is 1mm of pad material , so if the sensor works the moment it 'makes' the disc this pad would have 4mm of material when the dash warning lamp came on . Simple.

As you can see Akebono give you the ability to choose how much is left before you get an alarm by having the sensor hole closer to the disc in the opposite pad if you choose that option , track use etc.

View attachment 93977
Hence my practice to measure and not estimate!

You still based your initial judgement and response on estimates plus we were not discussing Akebono pads so using them as an example is not relevant to the initial thread.

You do seem to have the need to prove a point even to the extent of bringing in other irrelevant "evidence" to try to support it. It is clear from looking over a number of your posts that you do not like being challenged and seem to have the need for the last word on a subject with, generally a classic passive aggressive response.

There are many genuinely interesting, intelligent people on here with whom it is possible to have a balanced and reasoned discussion and you do not fall into that category,.

Fortunately the ignore button works well.

SIMPLE :)

Last edited:
"sensors" are in reality just a loop of wire that gets broken when the pad wears.

They are about £2 each from autodoc

On my pads the hole is like petrol petes top pic - quite a long way from the metal

On Porsche forums people who take good care of their cars often loop them out as the insulation melts on track days causing the warning to come one. I doubt many on here will have that problem.

My service parts should be arriving today. Hoping they arrive early around lunch time. So I can service the S211 E320 CDI.

I'll be getting down and dirty with the old girl :banana: if the parts are correct.

I have had a nightmare with Eurocarparts recently. I ordered some parts and waited two weeks for a "same day" delivery. I ordered a viscous fan clutch two days after ordering the first order and received it two days later great. The order that was late was also incomplete, there was no note saying anything was to follow. I tried on and off for three days to ring them, waited an hour and a half in the queue before I decided enough is enough. In desperation put something on twitter and gained a response but no action.
Phoned them again yesterday and finally got through, and explained there was a wiper blade missing from the order, two ordered one received.
The girl send an email to the "team" and said I should receive it in around two weeks.
In total the whole process was pure aggravation and a month to receive a wiper blade is ridiculous even in these difficult times.
After many years I think this is me done with Eurocarparts for the future, customer service is alien to them.

So the parts arrived ;) minus the engine oil lol. What a frustrating fricking delivery set up.

Either deliver all parts are fricking none. Dopes !!!!

Hence my practice to measure and not estimate!

You still based your initial judgement and response on estimates plus we were not discussing Akebono pads so using them as an example is not relevant to the initial thread.

You do seem to have the need to prove a point even to the extent of bringing in other irrelevant "evidence" to try to support it. It is clear from looking over a number of your posts that you do not like being challenged and seem to have the need for the last word on a subject with, generally a classic passive aggressive response.

There are many genuinely interesting, intelligent people on here with whom it is possible to have a balanced and reasoned discussion and you do not fall into that category,.

Fortunately the ignore button works well.

SIMPLE :)
I am sorry if you are offended by being asked a perfectly reasonable question regarding the amount of material left on your brake pads , I even said later in the post that I was just curious if you car had sensors or not .

I used Akebono pads as an example as they are the only spare ones I have in my workshop, had they been Brembo I would have used them as an example. Other forum members joined in sharing my curiosity regarding your type of car and it's brake pad sensing system.

And to acknowledge your answer I 'liked' post #16.

Have a nice weekend.

I ordered a can of carb cleaner to service the lawnmower at 7pm last Tuesday evening.
Delivered at 9 15am Wednesday morning. :banana:
As I noted before, their delivery service is fine, but wrong/missing parts and lack of staff in the shop when open puts me off using them.
If they weren't 500yds away I wouldn't bother:(

Picked up new Pagid front and rear discs and pads for SWMBO’s Polo GTi last weekend for £155 all in.

Cannot be faulted at all.

Shambles more like. Why send half an order, send nothing or the whole bleeding lot. Morons!!!!:wallbash:

So the parts arrived ;) minus the engine oil lol. What a frustrating fricking delivery set up.

Either deliver all parts are fricking none. Dopes !!!!
Then you could complain about nothing being delivered!

Then you could complain about nothing being delivered!

All or nothing for me!!!

Stupid strategy, complain to who don't answer phones or emails!!!

"Send this out" they won't need that engine oil to do a oil service. The filter and other bits will keep him busy:doh:

All or nothing for me!!!

Stupid strategy, complain to who don't answer phones or emails!!!

"Send this out" they won't need that engine oil to do a oil service. The filter and other bits will keep him busy:doh:
I ordered 8 lts of oil on the 23rd March and have still not received my order and after sending several emails and trying to contact them by phone I have not received any reply. This matter has now been referred to Paypal for a full refund and I will never use them again.

I ordered 8 lts of oil on the 23rd March and have still not received my order and after sending several emails and trying to contact them by phone I have not received any reply. This matter has now been referred to Paypal for a full refund and I will never use them again.
I’m having similar issues with ECP... been waiting 20 days for refund!

I've been using ECP for 25 years and never had a problem, however I haven't bought oil recently simply because the genuine MB oil is cheaper. I think the last things I bought from them would have been filters but I will always check else where too.

It's in the nature of suppliers of almost anything, that the cheapest or best service tends to change over time. I keep a list of part numbers for routine spares of all the quality brands, If you know what parts you want then the internet is your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom