eurocharged v6 released

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jih2000

Car
C63 - Tuned
Hi

I noticed the v6 tune is now released in the states for c63 and on blackfriday sale. Anyone running it in the UK yet?

They seem to indicate its at cost for existing v5 customers over there (maybe those without handheld I'm asking them), recently purchased a my genius device as I had thought there were a certain number of upgrades for free :confused:

Last edited:
Hi

I noticed the v6 tune is now released in the states for c63 and on blackfriday sale. Anyone running it in the UK yet?

They seem to indicate its at cost for existing v5 customers over there (maybe those without handheld I'm asking them), recently purchased a my genius device as I had thought there were a certain number of upgrades for free :confused:

Even with handheld, there is still a nominal fee. Not sure what it will be in £. Eurocharged is running a holiday sale/special on mbworld.org.

A few points to look out for.

V6 map runs the car slightly lean. Which may have an effect on the engine long term (not sure myself but few forum guys on mbworld.org pointed out)

Difference in power 5-10bhp, not much difference in my view for the total that c63s puts out.

main advantage is that there is a choice to delete cold start, which may be helpful in areas where problematic neighbours are. But then you lose the main characteristics of the car itself.... :confused:

Some have comment that throttle response slightly different. Maybe placebo? who knows....

I am sure MSL will be updating them soon... for a fee.

Not sure I am in a rush to update mine as would like to see what the general consensus is before plunging into this. Am quite happy with my V5 map.

Just my 2 cents...;)

Thats why its prudent to check fueling (air/fuel ratios) via dyno run data after download...i am sure Jerry (EC) has released a validated approved version within safe limits not to cause any long term damage...

V6 map runs the car slightly lean. Which may have an effect on the engine long term (not sure myself but few forum guys on mbworld.org pointed out)

I had a reply and its 75 dollars to paypal. I'll wait and see how others get on with this tune as v5 is good.

Kind of annoyed as i thought the tunes were free after purchasing the handset (within last couple of months for few 100 pounds...), and there are posts on forums from eurocharged sales directly stating this before v6 appeared....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom