F1 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, there is a lot more to Alfa Romeo Racing rejoining the F1 teams than meets the eye.
Ferrari now have 'control' of almost a third of the grid.....and we all know what FIA stands for:rolleyes:
Haas their political power no bounds?;)...or doesn't it really mafia.....

??????

What does that have to do with 2019 F1??
Sorry about that, im just new and dont really know how this forum works, remove my posts if you want to.

Sorry about that, im just new and dont really know how this forum works, remove my posts if you want to.

No worries, I just thought it was a bit odd :D

Oh and welcome.

Back on topic...... :)

McLaren fire up their new MCL34

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ferrari now have 'control' of almost a third of the grid.....and we all know what FIA stands for:rolleyes:

Should make getting through traffic easier for some.

And more difficult for others ;)

Been spending a couple of days in Norfolk helping my son whilst his partner is abroad because he managed to break his ankle training on a motocross bike over the weekend:(
When he is not crashing motorcycles, he looks after the machine shop of a composite company who makes most of Mercedes F1brake ducting.
They are currently producing the 2nd gen for the 2019 car. They are very intricate parts now and cost about £10k for each corner of the car.
Given the team normally use 2 sets per meeting due to the constant fiddling to get the temperature balance just right for any given circuit, that means they are spending about £80k per event (per car!) on brake ducts alone:confused: That is not including any design, development or tooling costs....That's the cost of a a very nice Mercedes road car!
Anyone want to bankroll an F1 team? (....err 'cos you are!)

It's difficult to put a cost on a race car, but knowing what we spent and how many cars were built at Bentley to win Le Mans, those cars cost about £5 million each.
In F1 now we are starting to look at 100's of million per car and beginning to make the cost of fighter aircraft look sensible:eek:

Yes it is! But if you don't do it, someone else (probably being with 'F'), will.
I firmly believe that 'cost cap' and 'F1' to be mutually exclusive.
I agree, although perhaps costs could be reduced by simplifying the technology required by the formula. Though of course this might not suit the non-F1 agenda of some teams or indeed the owners... Tricky one I guess

Award constructor championship points in inverse proportion to budget, ie, only the least well funded team gets the full 25 points for a win. Receiving say, 5 points for winning with a $300m budget may lose its appeal. The emphasis then is on team efficiency - which would be (obviously) cheap compared to chasing engine efficiency as they have been.
The above of course will never happen. In ten years, we'll be exactly where we are now - or the sport has perished due to cost.

Easier solution is to add ballast to the cars that win.

^^Wouldn't be at all surprised if they baled..... Not entirely convinced they knew what they were buying into to be honest. Another London Bridge purchase by the Americans. :)

Max is undoubtedly a very quick racing driver, but I think he needs to be better at consistently avoiding trouble in order to achieve the success his obvious talent deserves. I don't think Lewis 'fears' MV, but I'm sure he recognises that succeeding against Max will be a tough challenge that us likely to get tougher if Red Bull-Honda can give Max a car.

Does he fear him because of his skill and speed are putting close to the front, but really because he will be closer to the crash that is still missing to happen.....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom