F1 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I see SKY, not content with showing the buildup and race live have taken to broadcasting the race highlights on their more accessible SKY 1 channel at roughly the same time as the Channel 4 F1 highlights presumably in an attempt to woo Viewers [ and thus advertising revenues]away from the only FTA UK TV coverage. Despite all their feigned adherence to the principles of open competition enhancing consumer choice what these big media corporations want is monopoly so they can charge viewers and advertisers what they like. :(

Having spent a ridiculous amount of my life at race circuits, Sky F1 coverage affords me the best seat in my own home to view all the action.
I'm even mad enough to pay for BT coverage of MotoGP:doh:
I still do visit race circuits, but on my own terms, to help my son on his various bikes, to run my classic Formula Ford car or to drive myself.

IMG_1720.jpeg

izVcUBvX.jpeg

Has the FIA's latest "advisory" blunted Ferrari's speed advantage?
Analysis: Has FIA directive hit Ferrari's top speed advantage? | RaceFans

In simple terms, the fuel flow is only measured at intervals, and Red Bull's enquiry outlined possible systems that might be able to meet the legal requirements at those measuring points, and yet provide higher fuel flow, and thus improved performance, in between those points.
The response from head of single-seater technical matters Nikolas Tombazis made it clear that three scenarios outlined by Red Bull would not be legal.

FIA responds to Red Bull's fuel-flow clarification request

Pure coincidence, say Ferrari. Apparently their lack of straight line speed was due to running more downforce, "to match Mercedes in the corners".

I for one believe them. After all, I'm sure a) they would never cheat and b) if they had inadvertently misinterpreted a rule, they would have admitted it as soon as it had been pointed out to them, in the interests of fair and open competition.

Astonishing bumps on the circuit. Probably broke Seb's suspension.

Pure coincidence, say Ferrari. Apparently their lack of straight line speed was due to running more downforce, "to match Mercedes in the corners".

I for one believe them. After all, I'm sure a) they would never cheat and b) if they had inadvertently misinterpreted a rule, they would have admitted it as soon as it had been pointed out to them, in the interests of fair and open competition.
Exactly...:devil:

Plenty don't think so.

I certainly don't.

True, a lot don't agree. Some due to the fact it used to be on FTA TV but times change. In a few years it could end up on Netflix etc.

I don't know what it is with F1 compared to say Football. People are happy to pay for Sky and BT Sports to follow the league but not all F1 fans (who can afford it) want to pay for the best coverage?

Amazing that The Hulk has never even been on the podium (in F1) let alone win a race. It’s a shame because I’m sure given the car (like many) he’d be a very regular front runner.

Also seems a very level headed guy on and off the track.

Amazing that The Hulk has never even been on the podium (in F1) let alone win a race. It’s a shame because I’m sure given the car (like many) he’d be a very regular front runner.

Also seems a very level headed guy on and off the track.
I'm surprised that Haas didn't take him on in favour of either of the two they have now. He'd be cheaper on parts if nothing else.

Does the Hulk not have big money to bring with him? thats the only thing i can see why he's not top of middle tier teams lists - especially Haas - got to be better than Grosjean !!!!!!!!

The Hulk is virtually out of options unless he wants to drive at the back of the grid. Sadly, it could be the end of his career as he has hinted that 2021 won't affect him as he probably won't be there (or words to that effect). I don't think he has any major sponsors and he is his own manager.

The Hulk is virtually out of options unless he wants to drive at the back of the grid. Sadly, it could be the end of his career as he has hinted that 2021 won't affect him as he probably won't be there (or words to that effect). I don't think he has any major sponsors and he is his own manager.
There were also rumours that he (or his agent/manager) wanted too much money when they were in negotiation with Haas. Looking tight for him to get a drive beyond this year.

There were also rumours that he (or his agent/manager) wanted too much money when they were in negotiation with Haas. Looking tight for him to get a drive beyond this year.

Yes I heard that too. His salary was apparently a bit high for them but he would have most likely gotten better results

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom