F1 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think you might have a point.
Although Horner loves MV so much it wouldn't surprise me if he humps his leg when out of the TV camera shots. Joking aside, I think Albon has some real raw talent and it would be great to see him give MV along with Merc and Ferrari a real problem with his potential.

I'm really looking forward to these last 2 races. It should make good viewing.

Ricciardo left for a reason, he could see the direction the team was going and it seems it was Max's way. Even though he has a slim chance of winning anything at Renault unless they have a stonking 2021 car, he still wouldn't have had a chance to win the WDC at RB in my opinion

As there isn't a specific thread for MotoGP fans, thought I'd mention Jorge Lorenzo has anoounced this weekends race in Valencia will be his last. He is retiring.

Good decision IMO. A great rider in his day on the M1 Yamaha, but no match for MM and quite a few others now. This season on a Honda has been a disaster.

That's sad news given he is 8 years younger than Rossi. You don't get to be a 3 times MotoGP champion without being a huge talent. MM aside I always thought he was a match for anyone on his day and on the right bike but he has never really settled since leaving Yamaha.

That's sad news given he is 8 years younger than Rossi. You don't get to be a 3 times MotoGP champion without being a huge talent. MM aside I always thought he was a match for anyone on his day and on the right bike but he has never really settled since leaving Yamaha.

He just got to grips with the factory Ducati last season when it was decided to dump him in favour of Danilo Petrucci. He went 23 GPs before a change in the seat design gave him the confidence to ride the bike confidently. Then he was a winner. He was never going to win on the Honda. Even Cal Crutchlow, a Honda rider for years now reckons its a pig to ride. MM is a genius on a MotoGP bike. Better dare I say than Rossi who has won championships on two manufacturers. Honda and Yamaha.
MM needs to test himself on another brand to be called the best ever. I have no doubt he could do it, and Rossi has been my #1 forever.

I think Honda should sue McLaren for all those years of blame. :wallbash:

Enjoyed that, exciting towards the end with the 2 safety cars. (First one TOTALLY unnecessary IMO because the car was soooooo out of the line of fire, on the inside and just behind the barrier :rolleyes:. Could have been left there till after the race).
Anyhow, let’s see if the stewards can promote Carlos to third place. :banana:

Good drive from MV without a doubt and he deserved that win by overtaking LH, twice. 1st safety car not needed and IMO purely done to bunch the field up to make F1 seem more interesting when in fact it unwound that way anyway.

I found it an odd race. Ferrari? WTF! Should LH be on the podium after the coming together with Albon. They need better, clearer and consistent rules, regs and penalties full stop during the race and NOT afterwards. For a big outfit they don't seem that professional, IMO.

Just listening to Albon over the LH contact. What a proper Gent. I hope ho does really well next year. Merc strategy questionable while Toto misses one race. Ugh ...

Last edited:
Gutted for Albon, he deserved a podium HOWEVER he left the door wiiiiide open and invited Lewis to overtake him. Can't see Lewis getting penalised for going for a hard overtake. Great result for Sainz from last on the grid!

Ferrari...well who's fault was it? Seb did squeeze LeClerc but then LeClerc didn't move either (not that he was obliged to I think). Interesting who is to blame for that.

Gasly...in the right place at the right time. One more lap and LH would have had him. I did think MB were mad to pit Lewis so close to the end but he has just said it was his choice to pit or not and he felt he had no chance on his older, slower tyres.

Interested to see what all of the steward's final decisions will be.

Had Lando not given ground along the straight when Charles 'leaned' on him, they would have collided early doors. So what goes around comes around, Charles needs to see the big picture. Seb has always been poor at managing his own frustration and he did try to put some manners on Charles. A bit six of one, half a dozen of the other.

As for Lewis on Alex, all a bit clumsy. Not typical of Lewis and a bit harsh on Alex who did leave the door wide open. I suggest he watches the footage from (I think) last year's race in Austen where Kimi positioned his car so well Lewis properly struggled to get by. A classic demonstration of how to defend a position.

Lewis gets a 5 second penalty and 2 penalty points, demoted to 7th. Sainz/McLaren get their podium (provisionally) as he is under investigation for using DRS illegally.

EJmX3YVXYAAXZx8.jpg

Lewis gets a 5 second penalty and 2 penalty points, demoted to 7th. Sainz/McLaren get their podium (provisionally) as he is under investigation for using DRS illegally.

EJmX3YVXYAAXZx8.jpg

I doubt LH is worried about that but this decision should have been made before the podium.

I doubt LH is worried about that but this decision should have been made before the podium.
Yes, though if Carlos also gets a penalty for using DRS under double-yellows...

Yes, though if Carlos also gets a penalty for using DRS under double-yellows...

It's all down to the FIA been too slow for a fast sport. If Carlos is ruled to be ok he's missed his well deserved taste of bubbles, a trophy presentation and a lot of shouting and cheering from his and the teams fans. Who is next after him to miss the same? It sadly falls on the FIA lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom