Facebook login arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
I'm getting a bit annoyed with facebook. My son can log in on every computer in the world apart from his own! I have reinstalled IE7. He has tried 4 other browsers. We have run privacy software to delete all temp, cookies, history etc. I have played with settings and nothing will let him login. Can some please tell me what I'm doing wrong?? Thanks!

Open up MS Word/ notepad and type in the password.

Will establish whether there is a keyboard layout setup problem.

I have had similar problems in the past and it was the keyboard settings, rpe2's advice is exactly the way that I found out what was wrong.

On another site when I had a similar problem, it was because the date and time on my computer were incorrect that lead to problems.

Localisation settings (date format, language etc) can also play havoc with some authenticaton systems.
One other thing is to check there is no leading space or trailing space at the end of the password.

Fixed it. His computer had sygate firewall as well as Windows firewall. I uninstalled the syegate one and he was able to log in straight away. thanks for the great ideas-none of which I'd thought of.:)

Well done - apart from the firewall, the other thing that was rattling around my head was if you had different DNS Servers - which would only be true if you'd configured them manually yourself or had a different ISP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom