• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Feedback on carbon fiber goodies

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
I think carbon fiber looks great!! And although a non petrol head would probably think it was something that was missed when the bodywork was sprayed it's a way of showing someone in the know that you mean business. Problem with me is I'm a tight **** and I refuse to pay £500 + for a boot spoiler.

My question is has anyone ordered anything off ebay from Taiwan? Everything seems half the price and I can't see it being half the quality. Or is it??

My experience is buy from a reputable seller or see the product first!

Bought my diffuser from Taiwan from a company called SC dynamics ( they had good reviews on MBWorld).
No problems with it and looks great.

Hi mixed experiences for me I like carbon also.
Purchased a carbon diffuser and rear spoiler for my CLK 63 from Vath Germany.I was messed about no end by them and they were not helpful at all when asked about advice and fitment I waited over 3 months after payment for the product to arrive but the product is first class but this has put me off purchasing from them in the future.Recently bought a front lip spoiler from bmwoemshop Taiwan through ebay .I had my concerns but It arrived within 2 weeks but was slightly damaged in the post they agreed to make another and refunded me in full.The spoiler is a carbon panel set in an plastic ABS body so not complete carbon as advertised but this is reflected in the price £300 delivered . It fits perfectly and looks well on the car .I received a replacement recently free of charge but again this is slightly damaged but repairable.Good to have a spare for the speed humps!
Ive just placed an order from the US for a pair of air vents in carbon so fingers crossed.
Please let me know if you source a good supplier.

It's really only a carbon boot spoiler I'm after but obviously I want it to be decent. Maybe it's worth taking the chance.

I got a boot spoiler from ebay in August, it was well packed and the fit was very good. It cost around £130 which includes the customers charge.

For the money I felt I could take the gamble and I've been very pleased with it.

Rashman said:
Just out of interest, how did you secure your splitter in the end?
Hi the body shop bonded it from the underside and screwed a small screw discreetly on the inside of the front spoiler lip at the bottom of the wheel arch.see attached pic

Attachments

• image-2220869254.jpg
    image-2220869254.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 48
Hi the body shop bonded it from the underside and screwed a small screw discreetly on the inside of the front spoiler lip at the bottom of the wheel arch.see attached pic

Good stuff.
Looks good.
Nice to see another 63 with this splitter on. :thumb:

I did the same - applied strong bonding agent across the whole contact surface and then screwed about 8 screws along the underside.

It's a good mod and really compliments the front end.

I also bought a second one to keep as a spare. :D

Rashman said:
Good stuff. Looks good. Nice to see another 63 with this splitter on. :thumb: I did the same - applied strong bonding agent across the whole contact surface and then screwed about 8 screws along the underside. It's a good mod and really compliments the front end. I also bought a second one to keep as a spare. :D
Thanks Im really pleased with it.
Have you had anything else added to yours?
I've ordered a pair of carbon air vent trims for the front spoiler also but don't want to get too carried away as I like the lines of the car.
Saying that I like to be a bit different. :)

Thanks Im really pleased with it.
Have you had anything else added to yours?
I've ordered a pair of carbon air vent trims for the front spoiler also but don't want to get too carried away as I like the lines of the car.
Saying that I like to be a bit different. :)

CF vents sounds interesting.
Are they the ones that go over the slats on the side of the bumper?
CF-wise, I've added a rear diffuser and the Renntech CF intakes for the engine. That's it for CF so far.

Do you have a link for the vents you've ordered?

Rashman said:
CF vents sounds interesting. Are they the ones that go over the slats on the side of the bumper? CF-wise, I've added a rear diffuser and the Renntech CF intakes for the engine. That's it for CF so far. Do you have a link for the vents you've ordered?

Yes those are the ones as on the C63.They look like they might fit!
I can't find a version for the CLK so I've ordered these ( item no 200947274959 on eBay ) and if they fit great, if not I was hoping Streamline carbon in the UK could make a mould from them to suit. Fingers crossed.
I'm waiting to hear back from the garage about having the diff replaced have you had this carried out or any other performance tweeks?

Yes those are the ones as on the C63.They look like they might fit!
I can't find a version for the CLK so I've ordered these ( item no 200947274959 on eBay ) and if they fit great, if not I was hoping Streamline carbon in the UK could make a mould from them to suit. Fingers crossed.
I'm waiting to hear back from the garage about having the diff replaced have you had this carried out or any other performance tweeks?

Hmm, be interested to hear if you get the vents to fit.
I have a feeling you may have trouble.
You may well need to alter them if you really want them to fit.
The CLK has a more curved bumper so they may not be a straight forward fit.

I've not had a slip diff fitted to mine.
My usage doesn't really warrant it to be honest.

I got a boot spoiler from ebay in August, it was well packed and the fit was very good. It cost around £130 which includes the customers charge.

For the money I felt I could take the gamble and I've been very pleased with it.
Can you remember the name of the company?

Rashman said:
Hmm, be interested to hear if you get the vents to fit. I have a feeling you may have trouble. You may well need to alter them if you really want them to fit. The CLK has a more curved bumper so they may not be a straight forward fit. I've not had a slip diff fitted to mine. My usage doesn't really warrant it to be honest.

Yes I think you maybe right but at £100 I'm happy to take chance and maybe adapt them .
Cheers

Hi I've had the BS diffuser fitted but I'm not keen on the look!! Can anyone point me in the right direction for an alternative please ?
Cheers Mike

Hi I've had the BS diffuser fitted but I'm not keen on the look!! Can anyone point me in the right direction for an alternative please ?
Cheers Mike

I fitted a CF diffuser a few years back.
It's by a company called VIS Racing. Based in Cali, if I recall.
Looks great. Proper CF.
I actually bought another one as a spare (along with another splitter) as there will surely come a time when they stop making them and I didn't want to be stuffed in the future if I ever needed another one.

Might be worth contacting VIS Racing.
I'm sure they still supply the diffuser for the CLK.
:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom