Festival of Speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lagerlout

Car
'72 W109 300 SEL 6.3 / '91 W201 Evolution II / '98 W140 S500 / '08 C209 CLK BS / '15 W222 S350
If you're dropping by this weekend, make sure you check out the Brabus stand, they have that B800 SL63 or whatever it's called. Utterly insane piece of kit. Also present on the Mercedes stand is countless AMG's and also the new S Class.

Saw the Brabus stand today, and also the AMG stand and sat in every model! I'm liking the E63 just a little too much these days! I also thought the Jag XFR was a stunning car! Great day out other than a film of dust all over the car when we got back to it!

I shall be there tomorrow to see the Red Arrows, how long did it take to get round the Chichester By-Pass and up to the circuit, or has anyone timings from previous experiences?

I went last year and it gets very congested. I have the benefit of living just a drive down the road from there though. What a great day out and something everywhere you look! Traffic in Chichester is bad at the best of Times and with road works etc it doesn't get any better. I was sat in a crawl going east towards Goodwood from where I live for about an hour and a half last year. All good fun though and the parking was very good!

I'm going Sunday, going to get there for 9. Went later one year and queued for hours.

If you're dropping by this weekend, make sure you check out the Brabus stand, they have that B800 SL63 or whatever it's called. Utterly insane piece of kit. Also present on the Mercedes stand is countless AMG's and also the new S Class.

I suppose you just jumped over the garden fence N., rather than wait to get in like the rest of us:cool:

If you go, go to the Mercedes stand and in the back corner there is a VIP bit for Mercedes owners, show them your key and you can get free teas and coffees and access up to a stand right above the track.

Ricky - heh, it's about 2 mls from me, but it's not difficult, no. lol

Advice for getting there, head down via Petworth on the A285, turn right in the middle of Halnaker just past the pub, careful don't miss it, it's a multiway junction and keep to the left alongside the big wall. Drive along the wall past the farm shop, then take a left at the hotel/big gate onto New Barn Hill (road). Drive past the hotel until the next junction, then turn right again onto New Road. Entrances are a few hundred metres along the road.

It may help avoid the REALLY big queues at the least. HTH.

Edited to add if you're coming in from the west, keep off the M27, especially Eastbound into Chichester from Portsmouth direction. Also if coming from the East, do not continue into the main roundabout on the M27 at Chichester, get off on the sliproad just past the Tangmere roundabout.

The best way in, is from the east, or from the north, avoid the west at all costs. If you have to I would go into Chichester at the first roundabout and head north to Midhurst direction on the A286, then just before Singleton at the Weald and Downland museum, turn right and go up the hill towards Goodwood Racecourse. This is going around the blocks but better than queuing for hours. Once up the hill, turn left at the racecourse, go past the track wall, to a right hand bend, then the next time you have to slow down for a sharp corner, there is a sharp right at a gatehouse. Drive down this road, this road is New Barn Hill, see above for the rest of the directions. You can of course use this route if you're coming from the north and heading down the A286 from say Guildford.

Last edited:
I usually come in from rowlands castle area across past the pig farms etc the follow the signs which say FOS traffic prohibited....lol

If you go, go to the Mercedes stand and in the back corner there is a VIP bit for Mercedes owners, show them your key and you can get free teas and coffees and access up to a stand right above the track.

Bu**er! , I went yesterday with my son but didn't know you could do that, never mind maybe next year!

Going tomorrow, parents live on the estate so shall be jumping over the garden fence !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom