Finally Defected! Impreza Turbo to Diesel E Class..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gregd

After about 12 months umming and ahhing I've this afternoon finally gone and ordered the replacement for my current MY00 Impreza Turbo. I've gone all sensible and grown up and ordered a new Merc E320cdi Avantgarde Estate (got myself 4% off list too which I think isn't bad for a UK supplied Mercedes!). Even more sensibly I've gone for brilliant silver with full black leather (they all seem to be in this colour combination..although not on this site from the looks of the Gallery). My only concession to Scoobiness is 17" 5 spoke alloys and sports suspension! (plus Parktronic to stop my Missus dinging it!)

The kid in me was tempted by a 5 door PPP'd Impreza WRX or a new Audi S4 Avant but I don't think they're big enough for what we need as a growing family (not to mention the thirstiness).. I also drove the new BMW 530d in anticipation of next year's Touring but the looks of it don't do it for me (nice drive though). I didn't want to wait for the new A6 and the new Legacy doesn't tempt me either so it felt a bit of a default choice in the end. I'm also tempted by the Brabus tuning options for Merc diesels at some point, although I'm thinking the E320cdi will be Torquey enough for now :)

What do you guys think? Good choice or not?

Thanks for all your help on these Forums in helping me decide by the way..Can't wait till March 1st for delivery now..anyone want to buy an Impreza?

Good Choice Greg.:bannana: :bannana:

Welcome to the E Class Brigade.:bannana: :bannana:

Nice one mate.

The 17" wheels with the sports suspension look the dogs doodars and give excellent handling - shouldn't be too much of a disapointment after the Scooby.

Wish I had your torque.........

Enjoy
OG

I love the new E Estates, very good looking cars. Nice one.

By the way Greg - million dollar question..........................

..........did you go for the Manual or Auto?

On a 320 it must have been an auto, thats the only choice.

Excellent choice of car, I'm sure you'll love every bit of it :)

Originally posted by RichardM
On a 320 it must have been an auto, thats the only choice.

:(

Originally posted by gregd
Even more sensibly I've gone for brilliant silver with full black leather (they all seem to be in this colour combination..although not on this site from the looks of the Gallery).

Good choice. I think if most people got to choose the colour scheme , most would take silver and black.

Excellent Choice - you can't go wrong with Silver ;)

I know you haven't even got it yet, but do let me know when you've had enough of it - I may be in the market for one by then !!

S.

It sounds like the grown up version of my car (W203 Silver 220 CDI with black leather mmmmmmm)

Greg,

Welcome to the fold.

Funnily enough when I was looking for an estate (due to the developing family) the Scooby was top of my list. However, having seen sense (and not a tidy scooby - Impreza or Legacy) I ended up with the Merc and have never looked back.

Of course, it looks best in blue (unless your name is Andy, in which case it has to be red).

I still hang out on Scoobynet though!

Keep rockin,

K

Cheers guys... I can't wait till next March now. Kinky, I still plan on checking out Scoobynet on a regular basis too, there's some good folks and lively debate on there.

Glad the E320cdi has got the thumbs up with MBClub, it seemed better value than the 270 since it comes with the auto as standard. Good advice from these here Forums swayed me towards the auto in the end. The hardest choice was the colour. Having seen the 17" 5 spokers "in the metal" the other day I decided to fork out the extra..they just seem to fill the arches better without being too "bling bling" !

For such a volume selling car, I was surprised there's not been that much written about the new E class models in the magazines etc..maybe I was spoilt with the Scooby as it has been so widely discussed in the press for the last few years.. especially with there being a new special edition every 10 minutes!

G,

Great to hear you found this forum of immense value - I did too and have sung it's praises ever since (over any other) - extremely supportive (particularly for those of a technically incompetent nature (me)).

K

Grear choice, i am drooling over my keyboard here but I think it would look better in Turquoise, like mine (green to you common folk) :D

Welcome to the E-club!

Cancel the silver and go for Tealite Blue with Black interior....awesome colour combo. That's what I have but in the Elegance. It would look great in the Avant as well :rock:

if youve got kids you need a 2 door-aCLK,-you cant trust kids to open thier own door!

Originally posted by esox
if youve got kids you need a 2 door-aCLK,-you cant trust kids to open thier own door!

I tried that argument when trying to convince the other half that we needed an SL . . . . didn't work somehow - need to work on my persuasive skills some more !

:(

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom