Finally got my C Class!

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Different engine - but the rest is just about identical to mine - minus the welded wheel !!
Hope you get it sorted soon.
Enjoy the car - I know I do mine.

Hi Everyone,

We recently bought a gorgeous 66 plate C350e. We’ve had her for nearly a month now, there are still a lot things to learn and discover, this is so much different than my previous 520d (I mean in good way). There are a lot more tech in here, much more comfortable, powerful, can also be very economical, we truly are amazed.

There is only one thing I noticed, it’s about the static High Performance LED headlights. I’ve found the dipped lights are aimed way too low, at least in my opinion. Unfortunately didn’t get the chance to compare with another similar models so don’t know if the lights are supposed be like that or they’re actually too low.
Here is a video from the other night, could you please guys check it out and compare to yours? LED lights

Many thanks

Hi Everyone,

We recently bought a gorgeous 66 plate C350e. We’ve had her for nearly a month now, there are still a lot things to learn and discover, this is so much different than my previous 520d (I mean in good way). There are a lot more tech in here, much more comfortable, powerful, can also be very economical, we truly are amazed.

There is only one thing I noticed, it’s about the static High Performance LED headlights. I’ve found the dipped lights are aimed way too low, at least in my opinion. Unfortunately didn’t get the chance to compare with another similar models so don’t know if the lights are supposed be like that or they’re actually too low.
Here is a video from the other night, could you please guys check it out and compare to yours? LED lights

Many thanks

They do look quite low in the video clip. Sorry I can’t offer any advice other than ask the question to the Supplying dealer?

I like that colour and the interior looks a lovely place to sit.
I also like the wheels - I normally only like silver wheels.

Work can wait sometimes, Ant. Put aside the time to enjoy the car. :thumb:

I like that colour and the interior looks a lovely place to sit.
I also like the wheels - I normally only like silver wheels.

Work can wait sometimes, Ant. Put aside the time to enjoy the car. :thumb:

Cheers Paul. You keep that Audi RS avant nice and tidy for me and I’ll take it off ya in a few years 🥳

Don't forget you've got to drop by when things return to some sort of normality.

Now there's a chance to give the car some exercise. ;)

Would be nice to get the wheel replaced FOC, obviously, but ultimately this is not a major issue. Worse comes to worst you'll have to fork-out for a new wheel (possibly a second hand one?), but it's an external appendix and easily replaced, the important thing is that the car is a good 'un :thumb:

That's said, I hope the dealer does eventually replace the wheel FOC.

The difference in my case Steve being it'd cost me more to return the car to Southampton for a refund (which is still an option) than the price of a new alloy wheel?
No - just reject the car and return to nearest MB dealer ; it is their problem , not yours and no reason you should be out of pocket returning to south of England .

No - just reject the car and return to nearest MB dealer ; it is their problem , not yours and no reason you should be out of pocket returning to south of England .

That.... or just threaten to return the car and hope they don't call your bluff :D

On a point of technicalty, I suspect that returning the car under the Consumer Protection Act will require the car to be returned to the supplying dealer, though the OP could just let the supplying dealer know that the car is 'ready for collection' and that they can come and collect it any time they want.... and even charge them a daily storage rate if they are not quick?

Rejecting the car under the Approved Used scheme on the other hand is a different story, the car needs to be rejected within 30 days, and the OP will need to choose another car from MB's Approved Used stock.

However, I said that it was a point of technicalty because I wouldn't reject an otherwise-perfcet car over a wheel.... I'd just keep it and try to get what I can from the dealer.

That.... or just threaten to return the car and hope they don't call your bluff :D

On a point of technicalty, I suspect that returning the car under the Consumer Protection Act will require the car to be returned to the supplying dealer, though the OP could just let the supplying dealer know that the car is 'ready for collection' and that they can come and collect it any time they want.... and even charge them a daily storage rate if they are not quick?

Rejecting the car under the Approved Used scheme on the other hand is a different story, the car needs to be rejected within 30 days, and the OP will need to choose another car from MB's Approved Used stock.

However, I said that it was a point of technicalty because I wouldn't reject an otherwise-perfcet car over a wheel.... I'd just keep it and try to get what I can from the dealer.

I agree, and since I was partially responsible for him finding out, I agreed with his position. Take it and fix forward. A wheels a wheel when you've been, like him searching fir a hens tooth.

Well done Any, I’m glad you’ve found the perfect C-class. Do push for a new replacement wheel, but don’t let it tarnish the experience - I met a chap who welds alloy wheels all day every day and he said that the weld Is stronger than the rest of the wheel - provided that it’s been done right.

Congrats on the new car, Ant, very happy for you.

Hope you and your family really enjoy it :thumb:

Congrats Ant on the new steed, you certainly did have a looooong wait! Hope it meets with the ladies approval ;) :thumb:

C Class Criteria was:
  • Estate Auto.
  • Premium Plus pack.
  • Night Pack.
  • 360 degree camera.
  • ILS.
  • Black Ash trim.
Colour, engine and fuel was irrelevant.

LOL it's funny how we're all different.

I go about it completely the other way round; my searches are predicted around the exact engine/fuel type mated to the colour.

Although, oddly enough, you've ended up in a car I'd be more than happy to own.

LOL it's funny how we're all different.

I go about it completely the other way round; my searches are predicted around the exact engine/fuel type mated to the colour.

Although, oddly enough, you've ended up in a car I'd be more than happy to own.

Haha. Great point. Funny how the equipment in the car was more important to us than the things you list.

Ideally it would have been Brilliant Blue with a petrol engine (as we’ve had 4 diesels in a row now).

Double ideally would have been a C43/C63/C63s but I’m not one for pushing the boat out and skinning us unnecessarily. (AKA couldn’t afford it 😁)

I guess unless you can afford a factory order they’ll always be compromises to be made. I could have carried on searching but too worried to miss out on this car in case I was waiting forever.

I have now deleted the Autotrader App from my phone. 😁

Haha. Great point. Funny how the equipment in the car was more important to us than the things you list.

Ideally it would have been Brilliant Blue with a petrol engine (as we’ve had 4 diesels in a row now).

Double ideally would have been a C43/C63/C63s but I’m not one for pushing the boat out and skinning us unnecessarily. (AKA couldn’t afford it 😁)

I guess unless you can afford a factory order they’ll always be compromises to be made. I could have carried on searching but too worried to miss out on this car in case I was waiting forever.

I have now deleted the Autotrader App from my phone. 😁

Oddly enough I was following and admiring a white C43 estate with privacy glass down the M40 on Saturday. Just like yours. It looked great. Went like stink, too. Allegedly.

But, a 3 year old C43 isn't going to be cheap and a C300 is hardly slow, doing 0-60 in just over 6s. That's plenty fast enough in the real world.

I liked the colour of mine so I bought it.
I had no idea about the spec, engine size or fuel etc when I saw it, I just knew it wasn't another AMG so I was going to fit the bill.
Never test drove it or saw it in person before I picked it up. Never looked it over in the showroom at collection.
Drove it home and went to the pub.....its been sat on the drive or in the garage mostly since.

I still think its a nice colour

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom