Formula 1 2022 (Will Contain Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not too familiar with piercings so can't comment on that. I don't agree with him wearing all the jewellery at the press conference, just gives his haters more fuel to think he's an idiot.

I agree with abiding by the rules, but some rules can be out-dated and for the FIA to be focussing on this one as apposed to ones that may actually effect the racing is silly, IMO of course
I don’t think the drivers, teams or indeed officials should be able to pick and choose which rules they will comply with. I’m not averse to rules being changed if need be, but if the rules apply, they should be all be respected and complied with.

I agree with abiding by the rules, but some rules can be out-dated and for the FIA to be focussing on this one as apposed to ones that may actually effect the racing is silly, IMO of course

There are many rules in sport that are out-dated and I’m sure the FIA are focussing on many of them. There is a right way to do things and at the moment Lewis is making himself look like an idiot.

All piercings can be removed and if the rule makers had some backbone they would do their homework and find this out for themselves.

Lewis needs to grow up, the bloke is nudging 40 ffs.

Hamilton is at times quite good at coming across as a ****. I don’t think he is one, but it would be easy to form that opinion. It doesn’t help that he gets a two race ‘grace period’ to sort his piercings out (?), but then he knows more about them than I do.
Removal of piercings can trigger keloid formation. What Causes Keloid Scars?

Its a far cry from the days of Moss and Hawthorn----- :(

I have a nose ring in that was put in with pliers. However it can be removed again with pliers but once removed then it is goosed

I would assume this is what he has

My wife has a "meccano" strap and de-rotation screw in her right hip, I'd love to see them try to remove those before a race! thankfully they must be some sort of stainless steel, as the few times we've been through an airport scanner since they were installed, they did not trip the scanner - but we have the X-ray photos on our phones if explanation is required!

Can you take the stud out and put a new one in the same hole 3 hours later?
Used to be able to some years ago, but advancing age changed that!😭

Hang on, you're talking about a nose ring!!o_O
o_O

I duno as i have never had it out 🤣

I would assume so
So it’s more than likely that Lewis can take out his piercings and put new ones in after and he shouldn’t have had them done in the first place because it’s against the rules to have them in during a race.

As I said earlier, I want to like him but I’m finding it hard.

Regarding Lewis’s piece of jewellery, if it’s against the rules why did he get it done in the first place?
Don’t know

So it’s more than likely that Lewis can take out his piercings and put new ones in after and he shouldn’t have had them done in the first place because it’s against the rules to have them in during a race.

As I said earlier, I want to like him but I’m finding it hard.
Yeah

But my nose ring probs costs £50 and his probs 50k

But then i guess he got the money 🤣

My wife has a "meccano" strap and de-rotation screw in her right hip, I'd love to see them try to remove those before a race! thankfully they must be some sort of stainless steel, as the few times we've been through an airport scanner since they were installed, they did not trip the scanner - but we have the X-ray photos on our phones if explanation is required!

Cora's was not a hip replcament - she had a "sub capital fracture of the right femur" repaired by a "2 hole DHS (dynamic hip screw) with de-rotation screw"

In laymans terms, her femur broke straight across the bone where it turns to the ball joint, they put a strap across the break held in by screws, and another big "de-rotation" screw to stop it all twisting. Don't know the exact material of the mecanno repair. Had some very funny moments. She opted for the spinal epidural injection rather than general anaesthetic so was concious throughout, ours is a university linked teaching hospital so she had not just the surgical team but also a load of students in theatre plus a load more watching via video link, heard all the comments - plus the noise of the cordless drill used to pre-drill for the screws. When she was brought back to her room she was talking for Ireland, it was hilarious, daughter, SIL and I were there and could not stop laughing - this went on for close to an hour! Thankfully the op was a success, it was about 6 years ago and she's been pretty fine ever since, although she does occasionally get discomfort from that hip. Big advantage is that, should she later need that hip replaced, it will be her first rather than second, so much greater chance of success.

Regarding Lewis’s piece of jewellery, if it’s against the rules why did he get it done in the first place?
Maybe after he persuaded MB to get his car painted black and had the drivers kneeling at every race he now believes he has enough influence to bend the rules that existed before he entered F1?

It would be interesting to know how many other drivers share his love of jewellery?

Maybe after he persuaded MB to get his car painted black and had the drivers kneeling at every race he now believes he has enough influence to bend the rules that existed before he entered F1?

It would be interesting to know how many other drivers share his love of jewellery?

Spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom