Fuel shortages or grand touring, the tour wins again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Steve, Is the ferryboat tied up at Glenelg, or is it still being used at Stromeferry.

I heard that there was a landslip on the South side of LochCarron and it was saving massive detours, not just round the Loch, as in your case, but for vehicles trying to get Achnasheen way.

Really good pics. Thanks. Hope to be up there soon.

The ferry at Glenelg wasn't running but IIRC from Easter it is, so it wont be used at Stromeferry.

The roadworks mean you have to drive onto the railway line so the road will not always be open, its near where the small tunnel is.

Thanks for your kind words re my pictures. Its a fabulous part of the world.

The ferry at Glenelg wasn't running but IIRC from Easter it is, so it wont be used at Stromeferry.

The roadworks mean you have to drive onto the railway line so the road will not always be open, its near where the small tunnel is.

Thanks for your kind words re my pictures. Its a fabulous part of the world.
Latest that i have heard is road opening in next week or so, ferry gone for winter service at kishorn then back to glenelg.i will post any new info ,
simon

Been fiddling around with Aperature

Better crop of the Skye photo's

DSC_0995-Version2.jpg
steve where abouts did you take that photo from

Latest that i have heard is road opening in next week or so, ferry gone for winter service at kishorn then back to glenelg.i will post any new info ,
simon

Duly appreciated Si. I was looking out for your car on my travels, can't be too many of yours about.
steve where abouts did you take that photo from

Elgol, Isle of Skye, to the left of the peir/jetty/boat landing thingymajig....

For you about an hours run if that, probably less.

Good write-up mate and nice work on the images - getting better each tour :) Its been a while since I took a car round Scotland - this has wetted my appetite again :)

Bryan Allman said:
Good write-up mate and nice work on the images - getting better each tour :) Its been a while since I took a car round Scotland - this has wetted my appetite again :)

There's a forum tour in Septmber which follows a lot of this route...

When the weather is good it's hard to beat Scotland for touring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom