Fuel shortages or grand touring, the tour wins again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great photos and great pish about the car.

The roads up there are great, I bet you could batter well over a ton down them...with the music on loud ;) :D

Last edited:
Those roads look great, I bet you could batter well over a ton down them...with the music on loud ;) :D

At a ton the car is so damned quiet you only have to turn the volume up a little, past a ton twenty the roar can be annoying but its a right laugh:ban:

Why manual? Are prioritising aperture or exposure?

Because if you shoot in Aperature priority, you can take a meter reading from where you want to meter the light, unless you press the AE lock button, it resets the shutter speed when you move the camera into the position you want to compose the image and you can leave with an over or under exposed image.

If you take the meter reading from where you wish to meter the light from, be that the reflections on the water, or the sky left or right of the sun, you can set the shutter speed you want, compose the image and shoot. No messing around with AE locks. I mainly shoot landscapes so unless I am trying to get motion captured in water, or not captured, or I do a close up of a flowers etc, I tend to leave the aperature alone unless I wish to change the DoF or back to front sharpness.

I tend to see what I have on the screen, and then readjust my shutter speed appropriately if I have got the exposure wrong

Last edited:
I like your one and three very much. The composition is brilliant and I can't get sky quite like that. So, where did you meter your exposure in pic one for instance?

IIRC I metered from the reflections on the water, in one I deliberately underexposed the image by one click as I prefer them this way as the colours are richer. You can see in image one there is a slightly burnt section that isn't there in image three but IMHO its still ok. Not also the section of blacks at the front of image one, a very wide lens and circ polarising filter can have some distortional effects sometimes

All I did on aperature was add some contrast and increase the saturation. It took about 60secs to edit each of these.

Great pics must be nice to just get up and go, I should do it sometime too

I've been off work for almost ten days wgich has facilitated two tours, this and the lake district.

I've been doing this tours/threads for years and will continue to do them, its the main reason I have a nice car

Been fiddling around with Aperature

Better crop of the Skye photo's

DSC_0995-Version2.jpg

Great photos Steve. You sure you don't work for the Scottish Tourist Board. :)

At least your inlet port shut off motor lasted the trip. How's your front crankshaft bearing ? :D

Yet again a great tour, great write up and great pics.

No I've never seen Loch Lomond that still.

When you are shooting those pics are you using a separate hand held metre?

Graham the car made the tour but it's got a new manifold. Valve body is my next suspected failure then the bearings.

Just using the cameras light meter. Was a great tour my best yet and the weather on day one was unbelievable

Steve, Is the ferryboat tied up at Glenelg, or is it still being used at Stromeferry.

I heard that there was a landslip on the South side of LochCarron and it was saving massive detours, not just round the Loch, as in your case, but for vehicles trying to get Achnasheen way.

Really good pics. Thanks. Hope to be up there soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom