Glasgow Curry Evening at The Yadgar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm in hotel hostelry warming up...

Nice one everybody. Best grub yet especially the greenish banana things.

Good to meet you Andrew :thumb: sorry about the translation service being down.

Strawberry cheesecake was pretty good too! The chicken and cheese kebabs (with almond paste and coriander?) were memorably good. I will have to see if I can persuade my local place to do some. Druk - it was good to meet you at last. Thanks to Flango & Ltd for the lifts, and thanks to all for the hospitality.

Last edited:
Bloody marvellous evening again. Nice to meet gumshoe , make sure he keeps attending Druk.
Let's try for another before the end of the year.

Gumshoe did nothing but talk about the best Asian meal he's ever had. All the way home.........d'ya think I'm going to go through that again?

Let's try for another before the end of the year.

Good idea.

I've got this foreign money that needs using up…

Top night as always great company, exceptional food and great to meet a new member from the same industry as me

I also learned something else Thursday night, my Volvo is a lot faster than Cumbrian Police Audi A6 Traffic car ;-) or maybe it was the driver !!!!! I'll be sad to see it go but the R8 will be even quicker, whey hey

2 hours 49 minutes last night lol

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I also learned something else Thursday night, DAVE'S Volvo is a lot faster than Cumbrian Police Audi A6 Traffic car

Fixed that for you :thumb:

LTD said:
Just name the date .....

Week of 15th Dec for a Christmas nosh? I can do before that as long as you avoid week of 8th Nov and week of 8th Dec. I do have another week away as well as those two but not sure of the dates yet.

R8 plans nearly got scuppered this week when lease company tried to Welsh in the Mitsubishi deal, SWMBO said she would see them in court for breach of contract and we came to an amicable agreement over the lease of a Ford Kuga Titanium Sport with RS pack for an obscenely low monthly lease :) just waiting on a delivery date, my Volvo in for service and MOT next week then that's ready to go.

Couldn't get a deal on the Golf R as maximum mileage anyone would do was 10k and realistically I need 12.5k and then I would have to balance with the CLK as my mileage is still between 15 - 20k a year

Still on track for the R 8 in the garage next summer though :)

If you go over the 10K a year, is the excess mileage charge prohibitive?

10p a mile would only be £250 a year…

Meldrew2 said:
If you go over the 10K a year, is the excess mileage charge prohibitive? 10p a mile would only be £250 a year… .

You can only overshoot by 1k and it was 13.5p per mile so max I could do in that car would be 11k. Also the rates for a 10k lease weren't that attractive, in fact not found anything remotely attractive for over 10k.

So plan is when SWMBO Kuga arrives I'll swap to the CLK as my daily driver while I sell the Volvo then I'll downsize and buy another daily driver for me

Some good bargains about at the moment was offered a Saab 93 Aero convertible on an 08 plate for obscene money this weekend if I would have had the room I would have bought it that's a 260 bhp car and when tuned a 310 bhp car :)

Last edited:
Week of 15th Dec for a Christmas nosh? I can do before that as long as you avoid week of 8th Nov and week of 8th Dec. I do have another week away as well as those two but not sure of the dates yet.

Ian

Are you still coming North next week ?

Ian

Are you still coming North next week ?

Next week I'm touring the UK on the Flango Christmas Curry Carnival 2014 :D

Would love to get one in at Yadgar, I can do any day except Wednesday

Let me know which day is best for you guys and then I can plan

Hope you have a good time at Moffatt sorry I'm not there just on the train heading back North from Heathrow :thumb:

OK, Friday night is out for me.

Let's see how Harry is fixed and take it from there.

Okies.

So far we are looking good for Tuesday or Thursday next week.

I'm good, Harry's good so let's get Ian's decision and try and firm up an evening of great curry and bonhomie at the Yadgar.

All welcome, who's in ?

Last edited:
Why go to the Yadgar, Steve and I went to Viva Brazil, which was excellent. Such a party atmosphere and the waitresses were great fun.

Why go to the Yadgar, Steve and I went to Viva Brazil, which was excellent. Such a party atmosphere and the waitresses were great fun.

Viva Brazil is pish. Yadgar is fantastic.

Stop trying to derail this thread where people arrange to meet up and enjoy themselves.

Viva Brazil is pish. Yadgar is fantastic.

Stop trying to derail this thread where people arrange to meet up and enjoy themselves.

Stop being such an old bore. It was a suggestion to try somewhere different, which was actually a very enjoyable evening out.

Stop being such an old bore. It was a suggestion to try somewhere different, which was actually a very enjoyable evening out.

Will

This is a long-standing thread about a resident evening at the Yadgar.

We did not ask for change or alternate suggestions.

Do us all a favour - fuck off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom