Good Evening!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulyV6

Once sunny St Albans, Herts - now delightful Deal,
Hello everyone, I'm Paul and although not a MB owner / driver yet, I plan to be soon.

I've been a VW Golf GTI driver for the last 10 years and currently have two of them (one quite old, the other relatively new in comparison). I haven't had the time to drive the older one as much as I want / should and I'm wanting luxury more than hot hatch, so thinking about a CLK coupe of some description.

Forgive me if I get terms etc wrong, but I'm brand new to all this Mercedes Benz malarkey.

I think I'd prefer a w209 (hopefully that's the newer shape CLK from about 2002?) and would be looking at possibly a 320. Am I also right in thinking the top trim level is Avantgarde? What do you get as standard at that level? My current Golf has heated leather Recaros, cruise control, factory sat nav etc. I'd like a similar level of 'toys' from a CLK if at all possible.

Any way - hello and hopefully with you answering my questions, I'll be in a MB sooner rather than later!!!

Paul-welcome. The GTi is a fab car. My mate has a MKV one with toys galore. Its a superb piece of kit.

Toys are a nice thing, but its good to get a "mint" one and a facelifted car if at all possible (2004 54 plate onwards). Pre facelifted cars are fine, but there are some notable improvements to the body work and paint.

Leather is a must, 320 petrol or 500 V8, are the ones to have. You should find one with heated leather (must have) seats. AG Spec should give xenon lights I would say, larger wheels (16 or 17 inch standard) and sports suspension.

Hi Paul
Welcome to the forum
Hope you find the perfect Mercedes that ticks
all the right boxes for you before to long

Oops. That should have said £8k! (fat fingers + iPhone = stupid mistakes).

Seen a couple I like on autotrader, but when that site tells you the car's 59 miles away and it turns out it's 3 (huge) counties away, it's a bit annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom