• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Good Or Bad Detail ?

Asif09

Car
Mercedes C240 V6 SPORT
What you guys think..

Mercedes 1999 Black 4 Door

Paint correction with Rotary / G6 Compound cause the paint work was MASH UP !

IMG_1554_zps16169e06.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Asaif
What have you used apart from the farcia g3 paste which on can see on the floor. Have you just done the one panel or the whole car ?

Thank you @ Fatdazza, and yeah it was used on tail pipes so i decided to throw it away after it got quite dirty so hence why i thrown it on the floor :D

@ Image2000uk, i did the whole car..i got more pictures which i will be uploading today @ later point so keep an eye out..i done other few cars so i will upload them also.

Which product do you wish for me to name ? Or name & shame as they not lived up to their name lol

A little teaser..more to come (:..finished with dodo juice spin doctor..and hex logic white finishing pad..with G6..& scratch x & swirl remover with poor boys polish

IMG_1534_zpsd6705792.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Its very hard to tell how well its 'corrected' the paint as you most definitely have to take a picture under direct sunligh, halogens or halide lighting. But great reflection shots:)

I'm wondering why on a clear bright day as indicated by the blue sky, your cameraphone needs a flash!

Detailed..your right but i dont have a light JUST YET but i will be getting one real soon, and believe me no swirl marks or halogens or scratches were left during the correction.

Oh i get it..because i took two pictures one with and one without the flash as i do not have a light to flash on the body work just yet but i will be buying one soon just waiting to get paid (: ..its just a HOBBY nothing more..i do not do this for business just part time to perfect my skill with the car`s paintwork.

OK almost got there the poorboys polish which one have you used as a polish is not a last stage you need either a wax or sealant to finish the job and seal the shine in to make it last

Image2000uk, Wash..then clay..then compound..then polish..then scratch x..then finishkare temp 1000 ..then hd wax and there is the result !

A little tip I found out the other day... any petrol station with LED canopy lighting makes an AMAZING photo studio after dark!! Got a couple of shots of the SL which I must save to the PC... :-)

OK almost got there the poorboys polish which one have you used as a polish is not a last stage you need either a wax or sealant to finish the job and seal the shine in to make it last

Have had fantastic results using Poorboys on metallic Audi, but left it at that and did not apply anything afterwards. Audi replaced today with 2012 7k mile metallic black SLK. Shine is already fabulous but will still Poorboys it but what wax is best to use afterwards?

There are many options depending on price, the look you are after, and the longevity of the wax.
I use dodo juice purple haze pro on mine which is tanzanite blue but works well on blacks too. quite easy to apply and lasts about 3 months which is about normal for a wax.

I have used collinite 845 which doesn't give quite the flake pop but last longer and is much cheaper and easier to apply.

then there is the sealant option which are best applied to clean paint with no wax on them which will out last waxes.

I have just swapped the wife's car over from a wax to a sealant ready for the winter the one i used should last 8 months but if i get 4 out of it i will be happy as it will get it through winter and then go back to waxes in the spring.

Poorboys are rubbish, wont be using them again for anything.. i used a few samples sent over from a company & i was quite gutted @ the quality of them so do not waste your money on them. Autoglym Hd Wax..does not last very long i must say i must ad

Asif09 said:
Poorboys are rubbish, wont be using them again for anything.. i used a few samples sent over from a company & i was quite gutted @ the quality of them so do not waste your money on them. Autoglym Hd Wax..does not last very long i must say i must ad
Which of their products did you try as I've always found the products if theirs I've tried to be very good.
So far I've used
Poorboys trim restorer
Poorboys leather stuff
Poorboys spray and wipe
Poorboys QD+ detailed
Poorboys Black hole glaze
Poorboys Liquid Natty's blue wax

Ssr3..and their pro polish, master cut compound..to me they didnt live up to their job at all.. i thought swirl remover supposed to remove swirls ? But left plenty more for me to go back to other stuff to clean up their mess.. in this case..rupes did the job for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom