• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Good Or Bad Detail ?

The stuff which most of the pros use is meguires master glaze stuff which comes in brown bottles and looks really boring. I used the 105 cutting compound and 205 polish and it left nearly a perfect finish with the rotary. The only bits it left were stuff which I personally did not feel i could get out without getting very serious with, but did not want to go there for fear of burn through.

I have tried the speed glaze which works really well but I only applied that by hand and have yet to try it on the rotary to see the difference.

I have hear various reports about megs waxes in the fact that they dont last very long but do look good, but i havent tried them.

Ssr3..and their pro polish, master cut compound..to me they didnt live up to their job at all.. i thought swirl remover supposed to remove swirls ? But left plenty more for me to go back to other stuff to clean up their mess.. in this case..rupes did the job for me.
I think its more a case of that you havnt used the product in the way it is intended to be used.Their SSR3 is a heavy duty compound for removing Heavy Swirls, Sanding marks, Oxidation, Most Scratches and Over-Sprayand and thus would require further use of gradually finer abrasives such as SSR2.5, SSR2 and finally SSR1 then polish to fully remove all the swirls.

Actually..their black hole is quite good..bit dusty BUT great shine and does a good job on dark cars so i give them that
I use the Black Hole glaze as well and find its very good especially if applied with a DA polished, that way its not dusty at all.

The stuff which most of the pros use is meguires master glaze stuff which comes in brown bottles and looks really boring. I used the 105 cutting compound and 205 polish and it left nearly a perfect finish with the rotary. The only bits it left were stuff which I personally did not feel i could get out without getting very serious with, but did not want to go there for fear of burn through.

I have tried the speed glaze which works really well but I only applied that by hand and have yet to try it on the rotary to see the difference.

I have hear various reports about megs waxes in the fact that they dont last very long but do look good, but i havent tried them.
I've used the Meguairs ultimate compound and ultimate polish both with a DA polisher and achieved very good results. I might try the 105 & 205 when I next need some.

Have had fantastic results using Poorboys on metallic Audi, but left it at that and did not apply anything afterwards. Audi replaced today with 2012 7k mile metallic black SLK. Shine is already fabulous but will still Poorboys it but what wax is best to use afterwards?
Poorboys Black hole glaze then Poorboys Liquid Natty's blue wax is always a good combination and gives a very wet look glossy shine on dark coloured cars plus its easy stuff to work with. :thumb:

I doubt it very much to be honest, poorboys for me is not all that ..may be for you guys its worked and you got what you needed out of it but for me naa i pick other products and they did the job well and i was happy with. Rupes is good but now im looking to go more deeper in the paint and taking those stubborn stubborn marks out that a compound or polish can not do

Cerbera
you can pick up small bottles of each on ebay for roughly £20 delivered for both of them which are good to try the product, keep a fine mist water sprayer around when you use the 105 as it can get dusty but it does work really well.

Asif
if you want to go deeper than cutting with a compound you are going into wetsanding which can give really good results but you will need a rotary to pull out the sanding marks but can get expensive if you make a mess of it

Guess your right, used 1500 in a mates guidance but that was only like for a moment. I want to go deeper then 1500 and hit harder in the paint to correct. This coming week im looking to get a new Rotary..either a makita or milwaukee ? And what compound does the hard hard hitting job and is dangerously known to cut more then any compound on the market ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom