Goodwood track day in March 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oooh, tempting.. but I still haven't had my brakes done. Will probably pop down on Saturday to say hello though.

Cheers,

Gaz

Be good to see you Gary, been absolutely ages since we last met up, think Simon M and Marty359 are also popping down to spectate, and passenger up, will be like a mini MB Club GTG, albeit, our little group are just hi jacking a Goodwood run track day in our own little way on the day!:D So probably be a good array of cars , and the weather is looking good, so thinking it will be a good day out.:thumb:

Last edited:
What time will you guys be down there?
Early morning?

Hi Rash, Drivers need to be there 8- 8.15AM, noise tests and 8.30 usual briefing, and good to get passengers signed in then as well, but can be done later in the day, you coming down if weather is decent?? be good to see you;)

Hi Rash, Drivers need to be there 8- 8.15AM, noise tests and 8.30 usual briefing, and good to get passengers signed in then as well, but can be done later in the day, you coming down if weather is decent?? be good to see you;)

Hey bud,

Yes, I will see if I can join you guys down there :thumb:

Nice to see faces old and new today. Lovely day for a trip out.

Hope everyone had a good day and got home safely.

Cheers,

Gaz

Having spent the day at Goodwood, and what a great day it was, good weather and great company, driving today in our little group, Simon, Justins mate, Justins mental Sl63, not only sounding fabulous, but soooo quick, Alx and his CL55, currently partially striped, for proposed future mods, going to be a future monster, and enjoying his time there, Mika and his new Porsche,(and his two mates, and his Son who I have met before), Mika as enthusiastic as always, great to spend a little time with you, and Seans mate Nick is his speedy Porsche Spider), Sean and his Porsche RS, getting faster all the time, car sounded fantastic on the back straight as you opened it up, and such great company as you are always.
We were also joined, by Gaz1 who had cruised down enjoying the sunshine in his SLK55AMG, Simon M, who is shortly to depart these shores, (big loss), borrowing the wifes car to come down and join us, good to see you again mate, Marty, my buddy, put himself out big time to come down to see us all, and again great to see you as well mate, your new car and that dodgy electric tow bar, LOL, my god, a H&S claim waiting to happen, it's a while between our meet ups, and the SL55 guy I recall from Vmax day we had, great looking car, marvellous colour, and also good company, my apoligies name has gone from me at this time (getting old), but great talking with you.
Finally and on a more selfish note, Paul, (Savman of Eurocharged UK), who not only spent his valuable time to come down today, 1 to catch up with a few guys today, 2. to check and finite my recent mapping, it was good of you to come down today. You then went right beyond the call of duty with your onsite repairs to my car, was not expected, thought my day was shot at 11AM, but no, not only under my car, but robbing bits off your own car, mate, big thanks, so very much appreciated.
All in all, great company, great day out.:D
on a foot note: as departing with Sean, Simon and Justin, Simon flashing his lights at me, pulled over in GW entrance, another bit of rear underside trim hanging off, my bloody car is falling to bits!!LOL, unclipped it for local MBs later attention Monday/tuesday, but noted water dripping from same rear wheel arch, thought another leak from ice box set up, worry about that later, lets just get home!, half mile up the road, thought, you had just driven through the puddles in the Goodwood exit tunnel, silly sod!:rolleyes:. Got home no leak, no problem. Lastly, to say, my car in it's time, has had 2 DMS maps, 1 west tunning map which I always liked, then had 2 early Jerry maps, which car run powerfully but I was not totally 100% with, but my latest EC UK mapping, is awesome, car is flying, as fast as I have ever had it, joy to drive.:D

Thanks to all that kept me company today, hope all got home safely, a really enjoyable day, I look forward to seeing you all shortly.:thumb:

Last edited:
It was great to catch up with everyone, really glad I made it.

Ricky you are welcome, couldn't have you missing the afternoon session.

Cars looked fantastic (apart from mine which really needs some tlc)

Cars looked fantastic (apart from mine which really needs some tlc)

Think your car needs a new front under tray for a start!:devil: albeit, your car was looking and sounding very mean!, raised some heads in the pit parking area when you started it up, to leave us.:p
Thanks again for today Paul, it was all appreciated. Have left you a tel message, it's ment, but let me know if it suits all concerned.:thumb:

I had a great day. Good to catch up with everyone and thanks for all the passenger rides :thumb:

Sean's GT3 :cool:

[YOUTUBE HD]2VwFhoua5tU[/YOUTUBE HD]

YouTube

Great day gents, really good company and a real eclectic mix of cars. Couldn't of asked for better conditions.

Our group performed very well. Some highlights Paul dismantling his car to fix Ricky's under tray, what a gent and Ricky showing a clean pair of heals to a 997 turbo. Sean's beautiful gt3 sounded great and went well even though he had a scare as a vintage jag flew up the inside in a suicidal undertake. Alx your cl's coming along well and your bbs wheels look really smart, thanks for the advice as well. Good to meet Marty, CRT, and Gaz for the 1st time. Good to catch up with Mika and especially Simon M before he embarks on his new adventure.

Really happy with the pace of my car although running dry on fuel during the last session taking simon m out was a close call. Saved by a can of race fuel!! Only downside to my new pace is my breaks are f@£ked, the warning light came on just as I was leaving, new pads needed ASAP.

Attachments

• image-2498738318.jpg
    image-2498738318.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 31
  • image-204653286.jpg
    image-204653286.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 27
  • image-3432855139.jpg
    image-3432855139.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 29
  • image-448078141.jpg
    image-448078141.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 28
  • image-1131163965.jpg
    image-1131163965.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 27
  • image-955910812.jpg
    image-955910812.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 29
  • image-1435489229.jpg
    image-1435489229.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 32
  • image-2016340885.jpg
    image-2016340885.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 31
folks, wonderful to see you all and to be reacquainted.

incredible weather, just perfect temperature too :)

thanks to ricky for organising again.

justin's SL63 was thunderous down the straights, and boy was it quick. however, my brakes are fine :)

ricky over took the 997 turbo, who then decided to hang on ricky's backside all the way round. very nice chap in that car.

utter contrast to that nitwit in the historic Jaguar who thought it was OK to overtake on the right (it's not!) and while a Caterham and I were going slow waiting for the straight to overtake a BMW convertible which was all over the place. Complained to the stewards, and I hope the fool remembers. He ought to know better, as he admitted when I spoke to him later.

marty, thanks for the in car footage .. it's good to be able to hear the engine!

Good to see Gaz in his SLK 55 with the roof down .. I REALLY miss the roof down experience.

next GTG planned for Switzerland .. Simon's house!

jet let his 19 year old son drive the 911 on track, lucky boy and well done jet for enlightened parenting. father did 4 sessions and son did 3 sessions.

Sounds like you had a great day gents! Glad you got some real world track testing done with our i-Tuning plug and play kit for the SL63 Justin! However we hold hold no responsibility for the wear an tear on brake linings......:D

It looks/sounds like you all had a fab day!

Do they allow gopro type cams on cars at the track? - it would be a great way to capture/share the experience.

I guess internal ones would be ok.

Last edited:
What perfect weather you had and a great day out.

Blood work and always bad timing.

developer said:
It looks/sounds like you all had a fab day! Do they allow gopro type cams on cars at the track? - it would be a great way to capture/share the experience. I guess internal ones would be ok.

Yes you can use them but only if they are secured to a fixed mount. They are concerned about them becoming detached and causing an accident.

I've put some clips of the day over in the driving section.

It was good to see you guys. I had to get back early so only did half day. On the way back had a brief chat with Simon and Mika - agree with above, stunning Porsche and beautiful colour combo. Glad I went with instructor this time. Despite being somewhat familiar with the circuit and applying 'common sense' in getting in and out of corners, I was all over the place! My brakes were really on their way out so I only did 2 sessions and by the end of it the left front caliper turned yellow and kept making growling noises on the way home. So I'm in for a full brake refurb shortly, including new colour. All in all, great weather and day out with the old gang. Hopefully my car will be finished before the next one so no flying interior pieces in the car on sharp corners. :thumb:

Great day, good to meet everyone and see the cars getting a workout.

I agree with Ricky's comments on Marty's towbar - it was like something from Robot Wars! :devil:

A few pics:

13268569825_2b94b30277_b_d.jpg

13268567545_cab5a259be_b_d.jpg

Lord knows how this guy stayed on track!
13268712573_e3d9410b15_b_d.jpg

13268710383_62a8d83ee9_b_d.jpg

13268898524_1bf0135414_b_d.jpg

13268896824_d711efc8b3_b_d.jpg

Sorry Justin, your car was just too fast for me to take a photo!

S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom