Group remap in Scotland/borders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A couple of drop outs today but one new person. We have our 10 cars. Phoning Paul today to arrange payment procedures.

Updated list:

Me - W203 C180K - Dundee - CONFIRMED
Andyg0141 - W211 E320 CDi - Airdrie/Glasgow - CONFIRMED
mmerc - W220 S320 CDi - Edinburgh - CONFIRMED
Mcnasty - W211 E320 CDi - Glasgow/Edinburgh - CONFIRMED
Lewis(Feeder - detailing world) - Seat Altea TDi - Paisley - CONFIRMED
Rob - Vectra TDI 150 - Glasgow- CONFIRMED
Alex - Alfa Romeo 156 JTDm - Alyth - AWAITING REPLY
Marcus - VW Golf GT Tdi 130 - Alyth - CONFIRMED
Greig Traynor - Mk 1 Focus RS 2.0T - Dundee - CONFIRMED
Chris Sinclair - Porsche Boxter 3.2 S - Dundee - CONFIRMED
Rhuari McGowan - 2002 Mini Cooper - Dundee - CONFIRMED

Thats 10 people so far now.

So 10 for definite possible 11. This means we can go ahead for sure now.

Dates for this meet is weekend of 30/31 July. Locations are Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Ok i have spoken to Paul and made the arrangements. If its ok with the Edinburgh based guys i am going to shift the Edinburgh group up to Dundee as there is 5 of us based in Dundee so it would make sense to have it done there. The Edinburgh based people are more than welcome to go to the Glasgow session if this suits them better.

The Dundee location will be in the Kingsway West Retail Park next to Halfords and the big Tesco and this will take place on the Saturday 6 August.

The Glasgow location will be in the quay car park shown on the map which is just next to Kingston Bridge which has. This one will take place on the Saturday 30 July.

Paul needs everyone to have their deposits of £50 paid to him over the phone by no later than Friday 8th July as he leaves for a family holiday on the following Monday for 2 weeks.

Can you please let me know as soon as you have paid him the deposit and what time slot you have been given. His mobile number is 07957286090.

Thanks.

Hi,

As the date has been pushed back i think il need to go for the Dundee one now (shouldnt think it will be a problem tho) as I move upto Aberdeen on the 24th of July.

Hope this is ok...if so, il give Paul a call and book!

Cheers, Andy

Yep andy thats not a problem if you want to come to the dundee group the following week.

If everybody to phone Paul at Angel Tuning and have their £50 deposits in please and let me know so that i can update the list to show that you have paid and your time slot that Paul gives you. I have added the locations that each person is attending for everyones reference.

Me - W203 C180K - Dundee - CONFIRMED - attending Dundee
Andyg0141 - W211 E320 CDi - Airdrie/Glasgow - CONFIRMED - attending Dundee
mmerc - W220 S320 CDi - Edinburgh - CONFIRMED - attending Glasgow
Mcnasty - W211 E320 CDi - Glasgow/Edinburgh - CONFIRMED - attending Glasgow
Lewis(Feeder - detailing world) - Seat Altea TDi - Paisley - CONFIRMED - attending Glasgow
Rob - Vectra TDI 150 - Glasgow- CONFIRMED - attending Glasgow
Marcus - VW Golf GT Tdi 130 - Alyth - CONFIRMED - attending Dundee
Chris Sinclair - Porsche Boxter 3.2 S - Dundee - CONFIRMED - attending Dundee
Rhuari McGowan - 2002 Mini Cooper - Dundee - CONFIRMED - attending Dundee

Locations are as in previous post above #62 being Dundee and Glasgow. Glasgow group is taking place on Saturday 30 July 2011 and Dundee group is on Saturday 6 August 2011.

UPDATE: £50 DEPOSITS NEED TO BE PAID BY THIS FRIDAY 8TH JULY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE PAID YOURS AND POST UP YOUR TIME SLOTS ON THIS THREAD.

Few changes to the list

Me - W203 C180K - Dundee - CONFIRMED - attending Dundee
Andyg0141 - W211 E320 CDi - Airdrie/Glasgow - CONFIRMED - attending Dundee
mmerc - W220 S320 CDi - Edinburgh - CONFIRMED - attending Glasgow
Mcnasty - W211 E320 CDi - Glasgow/Edinburgh - CONFIRMED - attending Glasgow
Lewis(Feeder - detailing world) - Seat Altea TDi - Paisley - CONFIRMED - attending Glasgow
Rob - Vectra TDI 150 - Glasgow- CONFIRMED - attending Glasgow
Marcus - VW Golf GT Tdi 130 - Alyth - CONFIRMED - attending Dundee
Rhuari McGowan - 2002 Mini Cooper - Dundee - CONFIRMED - attending Dundee
Davie Colville - 2004 BMW 325i - Dundee - CONFIRMED - attending Dundee

Locations are as in previous post above #62 being Dundee and Glasgow. Glasgow group is taking place on Saturday 30 July 2011 and Dundee group is on Saturday 6 August 2011.

Ok so if you have not paid your deposit yet you are running behind but dont worry as Paul will still accept deposits when he returns from his holiday this week.

A few people have already had their cars remapped as Paul arranged with them to get them done and out the way as he was passing their locations. I have updated the list to show those that have now had their cars remapped. This does not affect the price of the remap for the rest of us. Our balance of £100 will be paid to Paul on the day of the remap.

Me - W203 C180K - attending Dundee
Andyg0141 - W211 E320 CDi - Airdrie/Glasgow - attending Dundee
mmerc - W220 S320 CDi - Edinburgh - attending Glasgow
Mcnasty - W211 E320 CDi - Glasgow/Edinburgh - attending Glasgow
Lewis - Seat Altea TDi - Paisley - attending Glasgow
Marcus - VW Golf GT Tdi 130 - attending Dundee
Rhuari McGowan - 2002 Mini Cooper - attending Dundee
Rob - Vectra TDI 150 - REMAPPED
Davie Colville - 2004 BMW 325i - REMAPPED

Glasgow group is taking place on Saturday 30 July 2011 and Dundee group is on Saturday 6 August 2011.

This Saturday 30 July is the Glasgow groups remap session.

Mcnasty - Paul still needs your deposit. Can you get it to him asap and let me know when you have done so.

Andy - Same with yourself, can you get your deposit in to Paul asap and let me know when you have done so.

There is also a Seat Arosa that has paid Paul a deposit via Paypal but i dont have any knowledge of this car or who it is. We have already finalised arrangements for the remap sessions so if anybody knows who this is could they let me know as soon as they can.

Remap groups are as follows:

DUNDEE - 6 AUGUST 2011
Me - W203 C180K - attending Dundee
Marcus - VW Golf GT Tdi 130 - attending Dundee
Rhuari McGowan - 2002 Mini Cooper - attending Dundee
Suzy - 2006 Civic TypeS 2.2tdi - Dundee - attending Dundee

GLASGOW - 30 JULY 2011
Andyg0141 - W211 E320 CDi - Airdrie/Glasgow - attending Glasgow
mmerc - W220 S320 CDi - Edinburgh - attending Glasgow
Mcnasty - W211 E320 CDi - Glasgow/Edinburgh - attending Glasgow
Lewis - Seat Altea TDi - Paisley - attending Glasgow

Rob - Vectra TDI 150 - REMAPPED
Davie Colville - 2004 BMW 325i - REMAPPED

Can I still get on this? I live in Dundee and would need a w220 s500l doing and possibly a c180k.

Thanks

Emm im not too sure. The Dundee remap has been shifted to this Thursday and we already have 4 cars.

We may have lost 2 cars from the Glasgow group so ill need to check with Paul and see what he can do. The thursday remap is being done from 5.30pm onwards as everybody is dundee based for this so ill need to get onto Paul and ask him what he can do.

Obviously 4 cars to be done from 5.30pm onwards means he will be quite late finishing so im not sure he will be keen to do another 2 cars.

Ill get back to you on this one.

Cheers,

Paul says he can do both of those cars if you want to get them done at £150.

What he does ask though is if you can manage it can you make it up to the halfords car park in dundee for earlier than 5.30pm as your 2 cars will mean he has a total of 6 cars to do in a few hours and he will struggle. So if you can make it earlier he will be able to do them no bother and will leave himself enough time to do the 4 cars that are already arranged to be done.

If you email me at cplnoonoo at blueyonder . co.uk with your mobile number i will call you to make arrangements as it is quicker than the forum with such a short timescale to work with.

Cheers

Ok no problem. The sooner you can email me the quicker we can get everything sorted out before Thursday.

Dblock - paul has been up at halfrauds since 1pm but you have yet to show face. Can you call either me or paul to let us know whats happening? Cheers

All sorted now, The c180k has been remapped, not had a go in it yet but apparantly its running alot smoother.

Paul advised against the remapping of the s500 not 100% sure why as I missed his call I was at work.

Paul is a lovely chap though and honestly the service from him has been nothing short of amazing.

He said it was mainly due to the fact that he needed to remove the ecu from the car to remap it and he had attempted this with no success. He explained to me aswell that if he had broken it or it conked out at some point he would have had to take it to birmingham to get it repaired which would cost him more than the £150 he was getting for doing it plus it would also lose him a full day of potential other remap jobs so he said unfortunately he would have to give the s500 a miss.

The rest of us have had ours done and im pretty impressed with mine so far. Had to take it easy for the first 10 miles or so due to the ignition times being changed etc to prevent any damage to the knock sensors. Would advise the same on your 180k aswell. Ive already done about 15 miles so have been slowly ramping up the power from the right foot and for only an additional 20bhp or thereabouts its certainly livened up the throttle response and is a bit smoother with the power delivery. Although its smoother with the delivery it does appear to be quicker which is rather dangerous as you forget how quickly your going lol.

Hope everyone else got on alright.

The service from Paul is first class and i would seriously recommend him to anybody looking to get their cars remapped. Simply excellent job.

is there any more of these group buys planned?

Currently I'm considering either mapping mine for more torque & mpg or getting rid of it for something better :dk:

Id be up for another one, doesnt have to be in Dundee. Just got an e270.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom