H&R springs v kw height adjustable coilover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
have you ever used one of those !? I tried mine once just to see if it would work in a (dire) emergency . That was 5 years ago , I swore never to use it again if possible.

have you ever used one of those !? I tried mine once just to see if it would work in a (dire) emergency . That was 5 years ago , I swore never to use it again if possible.
When I was young and brave (foolish)!

I use scissor jacks all the time.... I used to keep two hydraulic bottle jacks in the boot (you need two to lift the car and change a wheel), but I've given-up on this due to the space it takes up in the boot. Every wheel I changed in the past 20 years was done with scissors jack... yes they are crappy but they are small, fold flat, and lightweight and ultimately do the job. What's the (practical) alternative? Unless you have a drive or garage and can use a proper trolly jack....

Are you also fitting new front dampers with shorter travel to accommodate the shorter springs? Or are the dampers stock?
Hi buddy, they are the stock OEM Monroe AMG dampers, which have the adaptive damping control. The h&r springs work with the original oem perch but the KW & ST coilovers, which I have been told can go much lower have their own perch, a new collar and bump stop. The h&r springs only cost me £155 from Autodoc Inc delivery, took almost 2 weeks to arrive but very happy with the price. Its only front 2 springs though and for the rear I had to purchase the links separately. 👍

Nice work . But please tell me you have another axle stand somewhere under the car in that photo.
Thanks buddy, completed the task, took 2 hours 20 minutes by hand. Yep, there was axle stand on the subframe, i supported the disc assembly too with stands to take any pressure off the ball joints. 👍✊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom