Has anyone actually ever bought an E63 Boot lip spoiler?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOR8A

Car
W212 E63 PPP AMG
I rang my local dealer today to get a price for the W211 E55 and E63 boot lip spoiler and nearly had a heart attack! The E55 one in primer is £450 plus vat then needs painting, and the E63 (carbon) one is £1800 plus vat................................... £2000 for F**king spoiler................. WHAT!!!??? I just wondered if anyone has put their hand in their pocket for the E63 one? Or perhaps if anyone knows a way round these crazy costs?

Yes. Member andy_cyp purchased one, and I think others have too.

IIRC Andy paid relatively little - I suspect that MB put their prices up as demand rises, as that happened when the number of silver/chrome ML W163 grilles exploded a few years ago - the prices increased to reflect.

I've certainly purchased two "C55" lip spoilers for the C W203 that are the equivalent to the "E63" lip spoilers for the E W211. I forget what the list price was (painted) but I managed to buy them with a significant discount - and that was buying them separately, not a discount for buying two.

Your best bet is to phone around a few parts counters, and find one with a spoiler sat on the shelf for 12 months plus. You'd be surprised how many parts they get lumbered with due to cancelled orders and the like, and once they've sat on the shelf for a while the dealer is keen to release them in exchange for cash!! That's how I got the two C55 lip spoilers.

If you want an OEM one then go to MB dealer and get one.You can get them off ebay from Taiwan for a fraction of the price. If you read the MBworld US forum alot of guys have got theirs off ebay with no problems...........me included.

If you want an OEM one then go to MB dealer and get one.You can get them off ebay from Taiwan for a fraction of the price. If you read the MBworld US forum alot of guys have got theirs off ebay with no problems...........me included.

Is this for the Carbon one or the ''plastic one'' or both?

Cheers

If you local I will supply and fit a genuine spoiler for you for £450 + vat.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom