• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Has MY DPF been ECU deleted?

Beaches

Car
W164 p
Hello All,
Can you help or share your opinion please.
I have bought a 2007 W164 which is great... no EML light on. I've scanned the car and replaced exhaust back pressure sensor which is working fine. Upon scanning the DPF is showing as 0% soot and ash...also it's temp is always at 1200c even when cold! Last regen showing at 35k previous!
Am I correct in thinking that it has been ecu deleted or what else would give such strange readings?
Looking under the car the dpf is intact and shows no signs of tampering....
I'm stumped.... pdf attached of readings at idle....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230821_231439_Xodo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230821_231439_Xodo.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for the quick reply.
Errrrrrrrrr.... I don't know......
Just after the CAT there is another box in the middle... I just presumed it was a DPF.. I had a citroen a long time ago MY 2004 that had a huge dpf... If it hasn't got one then great....
Could it just be a centre resonator??
Anyone know if I can put the VIN in somewhere to find out?

You can’t just ECU delete without physically removing it, but I wonder if the ML got a DPF earlier than the other range… most MB didn’t get it until 2008-2009, though a 57 plate would technically be a 2008 manufacturer year.

Which engine is in your car? Is it a 320 or 350?

Edit: I can see it’s a 280 now. I really doubt it has one. On my OM642 the DPF is right behind the engine not under the car

I had a 2004 c class with DPF, it was an option.

Does the post cat box have 2 pressure tapping and temperature tapping? Thew for the car to have had it from new there would be pipework to it from the DP sensor. and wring for the temp sensor.

A DPF can be removed and rammed clear of its contents, no actual need to break it open and re weld it, although often and rewelds might be along existing seams so as to disguise the tampering (that would be an MOT fail).

Good to know, thanks! Sounds like OP needs to enter their VIN into an MB VIN checker website and see if they have that option

My old Ml280 on a 57 plate never had a dpf,I believe that they were an cost option on the 280's,hence why so few 280's had them.

Thanks for the replies... I have put the vin in a checker and it doesn't mention DPF.... Crispian is correct I believe they were an option according to google...
When I get chance I will look under it again to see what sensors/pipes if any go to the mystery box after the cat...

Sooty exhaust tips = no dpf.

No sooty exhaust tips = dpf.

What you probably will have is a non regenerative dpf , bit like a catalytic converter .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom