• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

HELP!! Cigar Lighter Replacement - HOW???

merc180k

Car
C180K Avantgarde SE Sport
Hi all,

Looking for a bit of help on the above pls. Having managed to blag a new cigar lighter from a friendly stealer (on the proviso I fit myself):D I now find myself stuck and needing some tips.

I'm trying to pull the old lighter out and perhaps am being too gentle (not wanting to break anything) but it seems to lift on 1 side and stay stuck fast on the other. Am I going about this all wrong?? How do you get these bits out??:confused:

Will await any help - but pls don't take too long - it's quite cold out here at the moment!!!:(

Ta
Simon

Remove the surround around the gear lever by pulling it up.

The ashtray unclips at the front. Then you should be able to pull it out.

Remove the surround around the gear lever by pulling it up.

The ashtray unclips at the front. Then you should be able to pull it out.

Will give it a shot and report back in a bit.

Thanks mate - appreciated.
S.

Will give it a shot and report back in a bit.

Thanks mate - appreciated.
S.

No probs. That will be £50.

I just rememberd don't work for a dealer anymore.;) :D

That will be gratis......

No probs. That will be £50.

I just rememberd don't work for a dealer anymore.;) :D

That will be gratis......
Finally got the new lighter in after a bit of effort, some choice swear words, a couple of brocken bits of plastic and a screwdriver in the finger!! :mad:

Only to discover that it still didn't work!!! Traced it to a blown fuse in the engine bay, but given the previous owner pinched the fuse diagram and the toll to take them out with that meant checking the fuse boards inside the boot, drivers side, and the very hidden 1 in the engine bay!! All that trouble for a little blue 15a fuse!!! TYPICAL!!!

Anyway success - I can now charge my mobile while on the move!!! Now thinking I should have stuck with the charger in the house!!!

Thanks for your help again mate - any ideas where I can get a hold of a fuse diagram and guide now???? ha ha.

Simon

They only came with the cars but I think they have a part number so if someone here can give you theirs.

BTW the cigar lighter will blow fuses if you use a charger in it. Esp if it does not fit very well.

I must have fitted 50 fuses for this reason.

They only came with the cars but I think they have a part number so if someone here can give you theirs.

BTW the cigar lighter will blow fuses if you use a charger in it. Esp if it does not fit very well.

I must have fitted 50 fuses for this reason.
Upping the fuse to 20a springs to mind even though I know that's a bad idea.

Upping the fuse to 20a springs to mind even though I know that's a bad idea.

15A is good for 180 ish watts - I doubt a phone charger will use that . If the fuse goes pop it isn't because of overload , but because the charger body is causing a short in the housing - any increase in fuse rating will possibly result in wiring damage .

Last edited:
Thanks for your help again mate - any ideas where I can get a hold of a fuse diagram and guide now???? ha ha.

Simon

Is it a 203.046 car? I should be able to find the fuse assignment documents. Would prefer to PM if nobody else is willing to post here.

Is it a 203.046 car? I should be able to find the fuse assignment documents. Would prefer to PM if nobody else is willing to post here.
Yes it is. That would be fantastic mate.

Thanks

Yes it is. That would be fantastic mate.

Thanks

Judging from new posts, I assume you have not been visiting the forum lately. Just a reminder on the diagrams, I'm asking an email address PM'd for sending documents, if no one wants to post them here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom