Help needed guys before I call the RAC!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tpwuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 BlueTEC W212
I just arrived at work, parked up and switched the engine off. When I came to remove the key it wouldn't come out!!?? I ended up using a little bit of force and out it popped. The car locks and unlocks okay and the steering lock enagages but when I try to insert the key it no longer inserts easily, again I have to use a little force to get it in. I then hear the steering lock unlock but when I try to start the engine nothing happens!!

Any ideas please???

:confused:

new key time... have you a spare? I also suggest brake light switch could be causing issues..

sorry just couldnt help but laugh!!! :D! i may hav done that a couple of times actually but not got as far as takin the key out lool!!! but its scary when u turn the key andd nothing happens!!! ;)

sorry just couldnt help but laugh!!! :D! i may hav done that a couple of times actually but not got as far as takin the key out lool!!! but its scary when u turn the key andd nothing happens!!! ;)

Very scary indeed! I remember back when I had a C200 Kompressor and something similar happend. On that occasion it turned out to be a faulty ignition barrel and the stealer relieved me of over £700!

Laugh it up guys!! :D

You're taking it in good part, mate. It's the only way to go!

We have all done daft tricks like that at some time or other, so don't worry about it. At least you didn't get the RAC out!

I remember many years ago a mate of mine taking back a brand new cassette tape deck (quite expensive at the time) because it wouldn't record onto a cassette he inserted. I went to the shop with him. His righteous indignance was matched only by the great amusement of the guy at the hifi shop when he found the reason. Guess who had previously pulled the no-record tabs off the inserted cassette? Doh!

Very scary indeed! I remember back when I had a C200 Kompressor and something similar happend. On that occasion it turned out to be a faulty ignition barrel and the stealer relieved me of over £700!

Laugh it up guys!! :D
OUCHHHH" thats well expensive! unlucky! but its all gooood :)

You're taking it in good part, mate. It's the only way to go!

We have all done daft tricks like that at some time or other, so don't worry about it. At least you didn't get the RAC out!

I remember many years ago a mate of mine taking back a brand new cassette tape deck (quite expensive at the time) because it wouldn't record onto a cassette he inserted. I went to the shop with him. His righteous indignance was matched only by the great amusement of the guy at the hifi shop when he found the reason. Guess who had previously pulled the no-record tabs off the inserted cassette? Doh!
HAHA thats bare jokessss! love it......! yup gta b done tho otherwise it wud b a very sad n boring life that we lead...!

sorry! and sorry to those also not being able to understand that!

HAHA thats bare jokessss! love it......! yup gta b done tho otherwise it wud b a very sad n boring life that we lead...!

TRANSLATES TO........

HAHA, that was jokes. (meaning i found it hilariously funny)! i love it. Yes it has to be done though, otherwise it would be a very sad and boring life that we lead...!

Is that ok?

Last edited:
oh dear.... credit for havin a go though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom