• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

help replacing heater valve mercedes w211 e200 kompressor

andreytia

Car
Mercedes e200 Kompressor 2006 Avantgarde
Hello there everybody. Since I live in a small village in Scotland (Highlands) I am quite limited with my choices. I need to replace the heater valve on my mercedes e 200 kompressor 2006 facelift model. I've bought the valve, even a complete socket set but I didn't manage to do it myself. First of all I can't get the wipers off, and last time I tried I did something bad to my brakes, I think to the master cylinder. Anyway, if you people got any advices where can I do it (and a cheap way if possible) around Scotland or even Northern England, that would be just great. Can't wait to get your answers, thanks people!

It is a litttle bit more complicated, indeed. I paid 130 pounds just for the socket set, hoping it could help me, but it looks like I wasn`t lucky enough. I still need that tool to remove the wipers, can`t get them off. So I am thinking maybe somebody on this forum is kind enough to give me some help, and I will ,,reply,, with some money back :)

On most cars the wipers can be carefully levered off using a large flat blade screwdriver, I use a twisting motion rather than a full-on levering motion. You may also need to protect the plastic beneath the wipers with something suitable to prevent damage.

Before removing the wipers, mark their position on the windscreen with a couple of pieces of sticky tape, so you can put them back in the correct position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom