• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

High Bmi ? Fat ? Overweight ? Beer belly ? On meds ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Google young Jessie the bio chemist.....most of contemporaries think she talks a lot of crap.
Her books contain controversial claims promoting techniques designed to manage blood sugar levels...many of which have little or no scientifically based evidence to back them up. Just because she's a scientist it does not make her "opinions" science.

Google young Jessie the bio chemist.....most of contemporaries think she talks a lot of crap.
Her books contain controversial claims promoting techniques designed to manage blood sugar levels...many of which have little or no scientifically based evidence to back them up. Just because she's a scientist it does not make her "opinions" science.
There are enough Youtube surfers willing to believe anything.

Well , yes , I tend to wear braces most of the time ; they are more comfortable than belts , which tend not to work for people of a certain build.

I have taken to wearing braces these days .

Fat folks -

Fat folks -

Picking up on a couple of points in the video.
What is considered a minimum daily fluid intake? Google says for males it is 2.6 litres. Mine is way less than that. What's the least anyone here gets by on?
His comments on larger first two meals of the day for energy and the lightest meal being the last make sense to me but what I see is more and more people eating later. Eating at around 7-8pm (or later) is just plain stupid to me and some way from when typically the working class ate at closer to 5pm. And for no other reason than fashionably late is now de rigueur and can only have trickled down from a class that didn't actually do a day's physical graft and where obesity was more prevalent. I appreciate that working times and patterns have changed which impacts on how early the evening meal can be consumed but to me that is an inconvenience - not an aspiration.

I often eat late....especially if I'm working on the car outside and don't want to lose the light. I cant see it makes much difference when you eat....you body will store the energy until you need it. I'm not one of those that gets bad guts if I go to be soon after eating.......my wife however wont eat after 8 (not the mints!) for that very reason. I also cant see much benefit in fasting if you just want to lose weight....its all down to the total amount of calories you eat compared to what you burn....eat less than you burn you lose weight.....and vice-versa. The latest proper medical research (so that's not some bloke on YouTube) sees no real advantage in fasting either......and the latest advice is that if you suffer from diabetes, heart, kidney, or liver disease, or a history of eating disorders you should not fast at all.

I often eat late....especially if I'm working on the car outside and don't want to lose the light. I cant see it makes much difference when you eat....you body will store the energy until you need it. I'm not one of those that gets bad guts if I go to be soon after eating.......my wife however wont eat after 8 (not the mints!) for that very reason. I also cant see much benefit in fasting if you just want to lose weight....its all down to the total amount of calories you eat compared to what you burn....eat less than you burn you lose weight.....and vice-versa. The latest proper medical research (so that's not some bloke on YouTube) sees no real advantage in fasting either......and the latest advice is that if you suffer from diabetes, heart, kidney, or liver disease, or a history of eating disorders you should not fast at all.
Thanks Doc, you have put my mind a rest! :rolleyes:;)

Sarcasm....love it. Most is just common sense.....but lots is general medical consensus at the moment. I've never had a Doc recommend fasting.....in fact quite the opposite.

I often eat late....especially if I'm working on the car outside and don't want to lose the light.
I've done the same when I've had to. In that scenario though, my body is ready for food due to the lateness and physical graft of the day so I reckon on that meal getting digested pretty quickly. I'm not taking it to bed! To avoid it though I'll try to take a very early lunch and maximise the afternoon (mornings are unavailable) and thus the light. That early lunch will though bring the evening meal forward rather than pushed out until much later and one reason for that is bad tempered impatience will arrive with my hunger. And that's just one reason I won't be fasting.

Picking up on a couple of points in the video.
What is considered a minimum daily fluid intake? Google says for males it is 2.6 litres. Mine is way less than that. What's the least anyone here gets by on?
His comments on larger first two meals of the day for energy and the lightest meal being the last make sense to me but what I see is more and more people eating later. Eating at around 7-8pm (or later) is just plain stupid to me and some way from when typically the working class ate at closer to 5pm. And for no other reason than fashionably late is now de rigueur and can only have trickled down from a class that didn't actually do a day's physical graft and where obesity was more prevalent. I appreciate that working times and patterns have changed which impacts on how early the evening meal can be consumed but to me that is an inconvenience - not an aspiration.
I try to sink 2litres of water a day, but generally top out at 1600-1700ml. I think I'd really struggle with 2.6 litres.

I do well over three. I have a two litre old coke bottle on my desk and get through that each day at work....more if its hot....plus whatever I drink before and after work.

1.5-2l water daily for me

Just consumed my first food of the day - salad :)

Me too.....ham roll, packet of crisps! Been busy....normally its lunch at about 1.00!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom