• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

High Bmi ? Fat ? Overweight ? Beer belly ? On meds ?

As you've yourself said, there's a need to use tricks to encourage the eating less (like fasting or time restricted).

And then others talk about the case for Ketosis (Atkins etc): aka tummy fat-burning.

With three quarters of all adults over 45 overweight or obese, it's not quite as simple as it sounds.

People can tell folks not to eat so much, but it doesn't take much to reach for a biscuit or a glass of wine.
Self discipline is the key, assuming people understand the basics of a good, balanced diet. I struggle sometimes but because ive always enjoyed an active lifestyle, and enjoy the feeling of being quite fit it keeps me mostly on the straight and narrow. I do find if I’m carrying a few extra pounds it becomes the centre of my thoughts, and that acts as motivation. But I can see for people who have never been quite fit, or those that enjoy a more sedentary lifestyle they wouldn’t necessarily have that self-policing aspect.

I have always struggled to put weight on, working a physical job upwards of 80 hours a week. Sometimes I might go 36 hours without eating then do 5k calories in a sitting.

Mrs PMP has always struggled with her weight, despite eating like a mouse and being dead active.

Daughter 2 (13) has a full on eating disorder that has pretty much taken over our lives.

Go figure :dk:

I have always struggled to put weight on, working a physical job upwards of 80 hours a week. Sometimes I might go 36 hours without eating then do 5k calories in a sitting.

Mrs PMP has always struggled with her weight, despite eating like a mouse and being dead active.

Daughter 2 (13) has a full on eating disorder that has pretty much taken over our lives.

Go figure :dk:
I was the same when I was driving ; out too early to have breakfast, no time to eat during the day. Come home ravenously hungry (and almost certainly chronically dehydrated), hog a meal at 8 in the evening and wonder why you go to bed with indigestion, just to get up at stupid o'clock to do it all again.
Happy days! :rolleyes:

What is wrong with these people?

Where's the fried bread?

Different times, different times.
Ah yes, transport cafe fried bread.
Soggy in the middle and a crust that caused shrapnel injuries when you tried to cut it.
And only 3 000 KCal per slice.

Ah yes, transport cafe fried bread.
Soggy in the middle and a crust that caused shrapnel injuries when you tried to cut it.
And only 3 000 KCal per slice.
The lost tribes of Britain.

Dad loved his fried bread with a couple of rashers and a fried egg right up until his heart attack.

(It was the pipe what did it)

Different times.

The lost tribes of Britain.

Dad loved his fried bread with a couple of rashers and a fried egg right up until his heart attack.

(It was the pipe what did it)

Different times.
Same as my dad.

In addition he loved his tripe! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ALL ABOUT??? 🤮🥴🤪

Same as my dad.

In addition he loved his tripe! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ALL ABOUT??? 🤮🥴🤪
Still pretty popular in France, Portugal, Spain and Italy, if you fancy revisiting
It's cheap "healthy" lean protein.
Like fried bread - it's cheap

Call me "new-fashioned" but I'd rather have a protein shake.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 11.07.33.png

If it's a choice of 'Tripes a la mode de Caen' or protein shake, then pass me my shaker bottle please.
Tripe fades into insignificance when confronted with Andouillette!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom